Is HBO On Demand/HBO Anytime available with the free preview?

Chris Walker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
This is my first time in a while not subscribing to HBO and I see where a free preview was just lit up, is HBO On Demand and/or HBO Anytime available with the preview?

Thanks for the replies guys, pretty poor on whoever's decision that is to not enable the ondemand stuff. I browsed through HBO's schedule the next 4 days and it's pretty poor to say the least. Wouldn't mind catching up on some older shows, I will give the receiver feature a try when I get home for the hell of it.

I'm confused, what's the difference?
-HBO On Demand is viewed with your Dish receiver/DVR at home.
-HBO GO allows you to view HBO content on the Internet via a web browser on a PC, an app on a mobile device, or an app/channel on a SmarTV device such as Roku.
-DishOnline is Dish's website for subscribers to view on demand content via the web, as well as Live TV and DVR recordings from a Sling-enabled Dish DVR.

HBOGO is an app,it works with ipad,roku etc.allowing Hbo customers to access Hbo content on the go.Hbo on demand is available through your dish receiver.The on demand portion via your dish receiver should be available during the free preview.Gary must type faster than me lol.

-HBO On Demand is viewed with your Dish receiver/DVR at home.
-HBO GO allows you to view HBO content on the Internet via a web browser on a PC, an app on a mobile device, or an app/channel on a SmarTV device such as Roku.
-DishOnline is Dish's website for subscribers to view on demand content via the web, as well as Live TV and DVR recordings from a Sling-enabled Dish DVR.

Ok thanks Gary. The OnDemand feature should have the couple of shows I was wanting to see, I'll check when I get home. Maybe this free preview won't be a total bust for me :)

Roku HBO/Cinemax trailers/previews (and some shows, cancel that) available for free for a limited time via HBO GO, if interested.
Get the free shows now.
-Ken

Well....I tried the on demand last night on the 722 and get the you need to subscribe message.So,apparently on demand isn't part of the freeview.

I couldn't get it the OnDemand to work last night either (I get a "Subscribe" option), I was hoping they just hadn't turned it on yet. I will try the HBO Go later and see if that works

Good news, I chatted with a Dish CSR online and they said the OnDemand feature will be available starting today through the rest of the weekend, it starts 24 hours after the preview starts (which was around 5pm Thursday based on the uplink)

The best way to get it all to work is to subscribe.... ;)

:) I had HBO for over 10 years, finally dropped it last year. I was paying $12-$13 a month when shows like Sopranos and Curb were ongoing and thought it was overpriced, it's what $18 or $19 now and I see nothing for the next 4 days on the schedule I would watch. Just want to browse some OnDemand stuff since they've added older material.

Good news, I chatted with a Dish CSR online and they said the OnDemand feature will be available starting today through the rest of the weekend, it starts 24 hours after the preview starts (which was around 5pm Thursday based on the uplink)

Kewl,thanks for sharing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)