Is is possible to have 2 sets of locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There are no overlapping of channel numbers, mapping does not block anything so all channels can be displayed with no problems at the map down location.

I can't get it to do that. There are no overlapping channel numbers but it still only mapdowns one DMA.....not a big deal, just would be nice to have all the locals consecutively.

With locals now being mostly spotbeamed instead of on ConUS beams, your ability to get distant DMAs is very limited. Basically there are some on 77W and 118.7W and that's about it. Indy was placed on a ConUS beam this PM but I have a feeling it won't stay there forever. I also expect the 118.7 markets to get moved in the future as well. Right now Phoenix is on 110 and LA is on 129. I have no idea whether you are in both spotbeams or not. Both the 110 and 129 beams are somewhat narrow so I would think not. Here's the SB map for the LA spot beam:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB33.jpg

Thanks for responding. I apologize but I really don't understand this technical stuff. I'm guessing it has to do with people who set up "do it yourself" dishes and receivers. I think I get your point that I could not likely get LA locals even if Dish allowed it.

I had a similar situation a few months back and I had two sets of locals and was charged for both. My real locals went to the high numbers and my moved locals for my new service address went to the low channel mapped numbers. I finally called and got the other set dropped. I didn't want to pay for two sets of locals since I had the antenna for my real address anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully it will work out getting my real locals. And get to keep the other set as well. I don't mind paying the 5.99/mo to have the both of them.

I am getting Standard def locals from a nearby DMA, and just found out I can't get the HD versions that were turned on today because I am outside the spotbeam on 129. Didn't realize that til today when I see the 'Sorry for the Interruption, no need to call' screen.

Yes. You can get locals from two different DMAs... but not two DMAs of your choice. This would be accomplished by "moving" to an address that allows AllAmericanDirect to sell you their distant network channels. You will get local channels from New York and San Francisco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts