is it Me, my TV or Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJMiami

Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Have the HD channels being dowrezzed even further?

I can notice PQ difference between now and a couple of days back.

I also noticed significant difference between the PQ of the Florida Marlins game on FSN Florida HD. Maybe they downrezzed to accomodate the new HD sport regionals? This is crap:mad:. . . . How much is enough?

I too have noticed the quality drop. I hope it's not part of the E* strategy to significantly drop HD picture quality and then revert back to it's normal hd-lite to make the newer naive viewers think they are getting a quality hd picture. I hope that E* is working to tweak their decoders in preparation for their 8/15 and beyond plans. If they don't, I think they will lose many subscribers to their competition, including myself.

I too have noticed the quality drop. I hope it's not part of the E* strategy to significantly drop HD picture quality and then revert back to it's normal hd-lite to make the newer naive viewers think they are getting a quality hd picture. I hope that E* is working to tweak their decoders in preparation for their 8/15 and beyond plans. If they don't, I think they will lose many subscribers to their competition, including myself.
I don't think so. I think it is there intent to jam as much crap stuff up there that will stick regardless of quality; DishHD is where quality is now job none. Anyway, they still have a way to free-fall before they catch up to DirecTV.

Well 1st once they get more things moved over to MPEG4 things should get better. Overall some HD Channels look better than others and some HD Channels if not most still half to upgrade their hardware to MPEG4.

AJ - what else looks worse besides your RSN ? (Comments about RSNs and locals are hard to agree or disagree about, because few of us get the same ones).

PS The new software upgrade for the 622 includes an improvement in MPEG4 decoding, ie better PQ on MPEG4 HD channels.

I have noticed this as well, particularly when someone or something is at a distance. It's very soft, not nearly as sharp as it used to be even just a couple of weeks ago. It's not with all the HD channels. Sometimes I had to check again to make sure I was on an HD channel.

On the flipside, is it me or did most SD channels get clearer and sharper? I've noticed a big improvement.

Jay

I don't think so. I think it is there intent to jam as much crap stuff up there that will stick regardless of quality; DishHD is where quality is now job none. Anyway, they still have a way to free-fall before they catch up to DirecTV.

you're just still spoiled from the Good 'Ole VOOM days, Riff......

AJ - what else looks worse besides your RSN ? (Comments about RSNs and locals are hard to agree or disagree about, because few of us get the same ones).

PS The new software upgrade for the 622 includes an improvement in MPEG4 decoding, ie better PQ on MPEG4 HD channels.

I'm pretty sure I noticed the difference in some of the VOOM channels. Equator, RAVE, Ultra. . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)