Is it Owned or Leased

thebradybunch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2003
I got my 811 in January of this year as a new customer. When I got it Dish was offering the 811 for $49.95 down with a $49.95 rebate. I am considering upgrading to the 921. I called Dish and they stated I owned the 811 and could sell it if I wanted when I purchased the 921. I am not sure I trust Dish's CSRs. I kow if I call tomorrow I may get another answer. Does anyone know if I own this receiver or if it is leased? Also I had my system put in by a local retailer do they figure into this?

It's pretty simple to tell if it's leased.

If you go online or look at your bills you will see DHP in the language and your bill is $5 more for the first receiver

There is nothing about DHP on my bill and I am only paying for America 120,HD,Locals, and the receiver in my sons bedroom, no extra $5.00. What about the installer does he have anything to do with this?

BFG said:
It's pretty simple to tell if it's leased. If you go online or look at your bills you will see DHP in the language and your bill is $5 more for the first receiver
My bill (which includes a 811, 522 and 301) says nothing about DHP either :

DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 120/LOCALS 39.99
ADDITIONAL RECEIVER 5.0
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 4.98
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 4.99
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99

but when I talk with CSR's they always refer to the 811 as leased. Is DHA (digital home advantage) the same as DHP ?

I know that I own mine. Nothing in my bill refers to DHA. Even so, it sounds like you made the same deal that I did after Christmas last year. Your installer should have the paperwork that details what you signed up for. He's the one that activated your account with Dish.

New Monthly Charge(s) 11/30 to 12/29
AMERICA'S TOP 180 VALUE PAK WITH LOCALS 66.99
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 9.98
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99
Account Charges $ 86.96
Total $ 86.96
Total Amount Due
$ 86.96

DHA is the new DHp, I told him to look for DHP, because he joined in January and that's when DHP still existed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)