Is it possible to rename a recorded show from ota?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
Hi everybody;
When I record from ota subs after getting program information from Guide, the recording has a name. Different episodes are listed under a folder name. It is pretty convenient to select any recorded show and watch. Here's the dilemma. I am in central Kentucky. Two different towers beam public tv to my location. They are stations 46 and 52. Both offer 4 (identical) sub channels. Although 46 is closer to me, the signal is not strong and all subs are terribly pixelated. 52 channels look great. My guide gives description to 46, and nothing for 52. The Guide shows only station numbers. So, it is not too hard to go to Guide, select 052-2, and scroll down to 46-2 and go back to 52-2.
Well, yesterday I recorded a one hour show from 52-2. Now, that show has only date and time as a title! If I watch it soon, it is not a concern since I easily remember what it is. But, I like to record bunch and watch them whenever I am in the mood. I am really into nature and animals shows. I will end up having too many shows with no description, name or whatever.
Basically, I am too lazy to randomly pick one and see what it is. If I could, I'd like to rename them. For instance, dolphins, monkeys, civil war, etc.

Is that possible?

Have a pleasant Sunday.

Unless you are using one of those ancient relics...
The menu system on the 722 was much better than the lame CGA-graphics-style CUI on the H3. :p I kept it until Dish sabotaged it. First they broke iVOD, and then they switched Sling protocols making my Sling Adapter completely useless. Before they did that, I could even play programs remotely from the EHD. Can you do that on your Hopper?

Reactions: ekilgus
Unless you are using one of those ancient relics the answer is no you cannot.

Sent from my iPhone with Chrome
The VIP, now looking back was way ahead of it's time. Even to this very day it is as good or better than some of the receivers being used by Cable.
What the Hopper can do is really phenomenal and I can get it installed for no charge. Yet, I keep my VIP's. The best thing that happened was no more updates, all of mine have been solid for years now. And I can change the name of programs. LOL.

(I do recommend a small computer size fan to help with air movement depending on where/how it is installed)

I forgot to mention. I use Hopper 3. I highlighted the show, pressed options on remote. There were 4 options. Chose manage recordings. I didn’t see any ‘edit’ option out of 8. I guess I am stuck. This would be a nice future update.

Attachments

• 523CA882-A2BE-449F-98AD-99184692250F.jpeg
    523CA882-A2BE-449F-98AD-99184692250F.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 91
  • FE9D57D8-34C5-4C8B-A619-ACC842527363.jpeg
    FE9D57D8-34C5-4C8B-A619-ACC842527363.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 100
I forgot to mention. I use Hopper 3. I highlighted the show, pressed options on remote. There were 4 options. Chose manage recordings. I didn’t see any ‘edit’ option out of 8. I guess I am stuck. This would be a nice future update.

Or "back to the (VIP) future"

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts