Is it possible to switch audio on GolTV?

Stewie

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Hi, I have Cablevision and have been subscribed to the SportsPak. Considering now that most of the sports channels are free and that South America qualifying matches for the World Cup are on tape delay on ESPN Deportes (instead of me paying $29.95 for one live match on InDemand), I figured I would switch my Sportspak to the iO Espanol Pak. It's the same price and they both have GolTV.

Anyway, considering I know very little Spanish, all the channels are useless other than the sports channels. It's no big deal and I assume Cablevision only sends one audio stream on each channel, but is there a way to change the language on GolTV from Spanish to English? I vaguely remember being able to switch languages on GolTV Channel 409, but I'm not sure I can do that on GolTV Channel 200 something.

I tried the SAP function both on the TV remote and the iO remote but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dish Network has the channel with an english feed and a spanish feed so yes it is possible. I would call cablevision and ask

I called Cablevision and as I figured, the feed of GolTV on the Espanol package is in Spanish only and the feed of GolTV on the Sportspak is English/Spanish.

I sort of see why they do it, but it's annoying. Latinos aren't the only ones interested in international football. :mad:

I also don't get why CV, and Verizon as well (and probably everyone else), don't put Deportes in their Sportspak.

Fox Sports Espanol is in there - why not Deportes? Makes no sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)