Is it possible to transfer recordings from one hopper to another?

CygnusX1X1

Original poster
Nov 18, 2015
America
I have a friend that has a Dish Hopper that quit recording. Everything else works.

He contacted Dish and they sent him a new Hopper and he has to send the defective one back.

He wants to transfer the recorded content he has on the defective hopper to the new one before he sends the defective hopper back.

Is is possible to DIRECTLY CONNECT the two Hoppers, either with the eSATA or the USB ports and transfer the content?

Thanks

No, you must off load programs to an external self powered hard drive. Then connect that hard drive to the new Hopper and either watch the programs directly from the hard drive or transfer them to the new Hopper.

I would watch them from the external HDD for at least a number of weeks with you new Hopper before you transfer them over because sometimes your replacement Hopper (or any DVR) can crash in very short time. This has happened to me with both Dish and TiVo. Once you have confidence in the new Hopper not having funky problems you can take the risk and transfer them to the new Hopper. For, me, I still have my off loaded recordings on my external. Very easy to switch between internal and external HDD's.

I would watch them from the external HDD for at least a number of weeks with you new Hopper before you transfer them over because sometimes your replacement Hopper (or any DVR) can crash in very short time. This has happened to me with both Dish and TiVo. Once you have confidence in the new Hopper not having funky problems you can take the risk and transfer them to the new Hopper. For, me, I still have my off loaded recordings on my external. Very easy to switch between internal and external HDD's.

Thanks for your reply & info!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)