Is it possible, West Palm or Miami from Orlando

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

charli3

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Orlando, FL
Hey guys I am trying to find out if it would be possible to pickup West Palm Beach or Miami broadcast local channels from where I live in south east Orlando. It looks like I am about 140 miles from the towers in WPB. I know this is a HUGE distance but Florida is flat and I am trying to lock in channels from these areas to pickup the Miami Dolphins games.

Im not interested in Subing to DTV Sunday Ticket thats out of the question. Just trying to find out what is the absolute furtherest it might be possible to pickup OTA UHF signals and if I might be within that range. I am prepared to install a large directional antenna and amp and some sort of tower or pole if needed as well.

Thanks

Hi, a while back I went fishing 30 miles off of Port canaveral with some friends and notice I could not see the top of the VAB building. IT IS 500 FEET TALL! So if you take this simple observation and do the math you would need an antenna hight of 2333 feet to get LOS at 140 miles. That would be one heck of a tower!;)

On a more practical note you might be able to stream from some friends from WP or Miami.

Got to run, DC

Hi, a while back I went fishing 30 miles off of Port canaveral with some friends and notice I could not see the top of the VAB building. IT IS 500 FEET TALL! So if you take this simple observation and do the math you would need an antenna hight of 2333 feet to get LOS at 140 miles. That would be one heck of a tower!;)

LOL Good one. :D

Hey guys I am trying to find out if it would be possible to pickup West Palm Beach or Miami broadcast local channels from where I live in south east Orlando. Florida is flat and I am trying to lock in channels from these areas to pickup the Miami Dolphins games.

Here's the tvfool report for Conway, FL.

TV Fool

The Dolphins will be on WPEC on RF channel 13. WEDU is also on channel 13. That's not going to work.

Look at WINK on channel 9 in Fort Myers. 14 db of antenna gain with a 3 db noise figure would just barely make it. A set of 4 Y10-7-13 or Y1713 antennas with an HDP-269 preamp would receive WINK some of the time.

To see how many times WINK carried the Dolphins last year, see here: NFL TV Distribution Maps

I also tried a 100' tower, the signal strength was about the same as 20'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)