Is it possible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here's a picture....

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_141201.jpg
    IMG_20191006_141201.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok I am researching and it seems if I just connect one cable to port 1, 119 I should be good, and of course once the dish is all setup. Sound about right?

I am sorry for my lack of clarity SPower. The internal switch inside that LNB assembly means that the Wally can switch any one of the outputs to any one of the satellites (110/119/129) and tune the right bird when you select a channel using either of the Wally's tuners. You don't need to plug it into one specific output.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok I am researching and it seems if I just connect one cable to port 1, 119 I should be good, and of course once the dish is all setup. Sound about right?
the first 3 ports are outputs and all 3 send signal from all three sats. That is a Western Arc LNBF with a switch built in to combine the signals from each orbital into 1 output so you can connect up to 3 non Hopper receivers to it. The 4th port is labelled input so you can add a 2nd dish pointing at a different Satellite and the switch in the LNBF combines that in with the 129, 119 and 110 Sats.

Ok surprise surprise dtv mast is too big!! So now going to plan B...I'm going to make a stand out of PVC (see picture) we'll see how this goes.....

Attachments

• Sat stand.jpg
    Sat stand.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 111
Yes and no on the mast. If it's an old DirecTV Phase 3 dish then the mast might be the same size. If it's a bigger mast then you can get a pole adapter to downsize it.

Ok surprise surprise dtv mast is too big!! So now going to plan B...I'm going to make a stand out of PVC (see picture) we'll see how this goes.....

JSheridan mentioned the pole adaptor, you can get one of those and have a permanent remedy.

Yep, just Google 'Dish pole adapter' and there will be a bunch of them.

That sounds great except my dtv dish is pretty high up, I don't think I can handle the height. I measured the mast and that was all I could do to get down fast

I got it all setup, didn't touch the settings, worked perfectly!! See picture...
Much better signal. I'm a happy camper now
Oh and King is sending me a new dish too!
Thank you everyone for all the help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191007_145059354.jpg
    IMG_20191007_145059354.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 101
Update: Secured the dish, lots o wind for a few days and no problems! Also the best thing......after the reboot (I think its a wally thing) every night it downloads the guide automatically!! Really happy with this setup.
On another note, the new portable dish from king arrives today, will test it out and see what signal strength it gets compared to the one I am sending back.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts