Is it really HD

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I'm watching the Redsox and the Indians on the Boston Fox affiliate. Suposed to be in HD and it certainly is widescreen, but it could be amoung the worst so called HD I have ever watched.

Anyone else watching on other Fox Hd affiliates and getting a better picture??

typical

I always hate it when the Sox are on Fox. They have the worst video (SD or HD) of any network. Still, the Fox HD is better than the NESN SD that we had all season. Having said all that, I agree that the Fox HD is not as good as we saw even on TBS.

NESN HD Next year?????

Regards, Eric

I've never seen NESN HD, but I agree NESN SD is also poor on Dish. ESPN can spoil one for picture quality.

I hope NESN HD will be better than Fox HD.

OTA picture quality is more a function of your local station than the network.

Our local FOX station has excellent HD, especially live sports.

I watched the game last night on Dish HD, it looked pretty good as far as I can tell. The green monster didn't look amazing, for some reason it was a bit squiggly or something. Fox is still better than NBC on Dish HD imo. I get tons of crackles and pops on audio on NBC, and lot of pixelization on some of the major shows like Heroes and Chuck and stuff. That is very annoying and I don't ever see that on any other HD channels.... certainly not Fox.

I'm watching the Redsox and the Indians on the Boston Fox affiliate. Suposed to be in HD and it certainly is widescreen, but it could be amoung the worst so called HD I have ever watched.

I watched it OTA from the Buffalo affiliate, and the PQ was quite good. However, I only live about 3 miles from the transmission tower too.:D

I get tons of crackles and pops on audio on NBC, and lot of pixelization on some of the major shows like Heroes and Chuck and stuff.

What you describe sounds like noise in the system - too much noise for too little signal. (Signal to noise ratio). Check your signal strength.

Watched the game ota on Fox 25. I thought the pq looked very good. The 20 minute pre-game was obviously 'fox widescreen,' but the game itself looked like the real deal. Either way, better than the over-compressed NESN SD.

BTW, to me, NESN SD has looked so much worse since they started doing the games in HD. Whatever system they use to down-convert to SD is horrible.

I had that problem on one of my OTA fox stations. started in HD, then went to widescreen sd then back to HD. stayed in HD on my D* channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts