Is it too late for the Sling adapter rebate for an existing customer?

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
I am a little late to this party - but I had a Dish tech at the house yesterday and he was telling me about the "free" Sling adapter offer. I am an existing customer (have been for 5+ years) and the only info page I can find about the offer says it is for new customers only (TV Everywhere - Free Sling Adapter)

Also, when I log into my online account I do not see a link on the left that says Get Sling Adapter Rebate - only one for Get 30th Anniversary Trade In. So am I too late or am I just not looking in the right place?

This expires on 1/31/12, so its not too late. You would need to order from an agent and pay the $99 upfront. After that the link will appear on your online account. If you'd like to do this please PM me your account information.

isnt it amazing how we would rather pay $30 and be done rather than $99 and then get it for free.

its not logical,yet i prefer the $30 deal too.

You sign up for the rebate right on Dish's site. Very easy, and my $99 card came in 2 or 3 weeks. Nothing like the old days of cutting out UPC's and filling out tiny receipts, and wondering if you had all the right paper work.

This expires on 1/31/12, so its not too late. You would need to order from an agent and pay the $99 upfront. After that the link will appear on your online account. If you'd like to do this please PM me your account information.

Hi Zach,
What are the rebate requirements for a sling for an existing customer?
Thanks.

Once it becomes $30, does that mean I won't have to give up my grandfathered "without locals" package to get it?

Just got my order in for the Sling Adapter -- $99, and a $99 prepaid card, soon to be received, once I redeem the offer. My question is: what can I use the $99 prepaid card for? Is it like a VISA card, where I can use it in place of my regular credit card? Thanks!

Although it says Debit card, use it as a credit card, as there is no PIN. I experienced difficulty in using mine. I guess some places do not accept what is essentially a prepaid credit card. Safeway would decline, as did other places, but Giant accepted it and that's where I spent it. I do like the suggestion someone made, that they used it to prepay their Dish bill. Certain nice ring to that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)