is it worth getting a different program package?

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hi.... I still continue to love Dish, although I do have some issues.

I currently have the 250 package and 1/2 price premium movie. Also Netflix dvd +streaming.

I was thinking to add BB, but couldn't figure out what channels I actually get that I don't have now. I did look at the provided program guide online but it is I PIA to view. I am on the fence with this.
Thanks....Joe

You MIGHT be able to replace Netflix with BB@Home. Experience seems to vary. I'm very happy with BB, but some/many aren't. Online streaming plus one DVD or BD out at a time. Do you have Amazon Prime? Lots of free streaming there, plus, of course, for a fee.

Amazon Prime is a pretty screamin' deal for a lot of content.

In the end, anyone who tells you their way is better for you probably doesn't know you well enough to make that claim.

I do have amazon prime....I shop a lot there. And the video streaming is pretty good...I forgot all about that.
I think I will drop the Netflix and do bb. Plus blockbuster is down the road from where I work so quick returns as well.
Thanks for your comments.
Joe

I do have amazon prime....I shop a lot there. And the video streaming is pretty good...I forgot all about that.
I think I will drop the Netflix and do bb. Plus blockbuster is down the road from where I work so quick returns as well.
Thanks for your comments.
Joe

If you live near a store, then you'll probably have a very good experience. Order older discs via the mail order service and trade them in at the store for new releases. It worked great for me when I had a store near bye. And the channel assortment is pretty good. The fact that everything currently available from Starz/Encore can be watched either On Demand on your dvr or online through Dish Anywhere is the icing on the cake. Now if you want new release discs and there isn't a store near bye, then you'll probably get pretty frustrated with the disc service. The disc service part of BB@Home isn't anywhere near as good as Netflix, either with availability or speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)