Is it worth...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hock

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
switching at inferior equipment, slower guide responses, losing a whole house DVR system, less DVR space, Auto Hop, etc because you can't watch 8 new episodes of Breaking Bad and Walking Dead per year?

Frankly I'll keep my great Hopper set-up, great guide and the best DVR in the industry, and watch Breaking Bad on ZUNE.

I would rather all this energy be spent on getting ESPN U and News in HD.

Thanks for your opinion.

I originally switched from Charter cable and got Dish Network for VOOM. Charley destroyed that, now I no longer have MonstersHD and the rest. I originally bought all my own equipment, and installed it myself to save money on not having a contract. Charley charges me dvr fees anyway as if I'm leasing. I kept Dish because of AMC and IFC. Charley got on his high-horse, and like a petulant child took his baseball home. Now I can't watch "Hell on Wheels", or "The Walking Dead" without spending even more money. My fee's have gone up $25 a year versus when I started 6 years ago. Now even BlockBuster dvd's only come once a month because they don't mail them out anymore, instead of twice a week like they were which ruins that part of the "Dish Experience".

Maybe you can continue to deal with all that because of a SO CALLED better dvr (that acts up, has to reboot every night, and they STILL can't design a firmware to fix one problem, without breaking 3 other things!

WTF is next???

As for me, I'll do what's best for me, as should anybody else. If that means going to somebody that has what I want, at a price I want to pay, and stops all that ongoing nonsense drama with Charley, that's what I'll do.

Well put Primestar. If I got Dish solely for Voom, AMC, IFC, I would bail too. But I couldn't even tell you what those channel numbers were.

I just compare my experience to my other friends who are similar users and have Comcast, Direct and RCN. Their problems with equipment and their jealousy of what I have (mapped down channel numbers, Number of HD channels, responsive dvr, great search with Hopper, PT Anytime, etc) out weigh me having to watch Breaking Bad on the xbox.

Well put Primestar. If I got Dish solely for Voom, AMC, IFC, I would bail too. But I couldn't even tell you what those channel numbers were.

I just compare my experience to my other friends who are similar users and have Comcast, Direct and RCN. Their problems with equipment and their jealousy of what I have (mapped down channel numbers, Number of HD channels, responsive dvr, great search with Hopper, PT Anytime, etc) out weigh me having to watch Breaking Bad on the xbox.

EXACTLY.

Hock said:
switching at inferior equipment, slower guide responses, losing a whole house DVR system, less DVR space, Auto Hop, etc because you can't watch 8 new episodes of Breaking Bad and Walking Dead per year?

Frankly I'll keep my great Hopper set-up, great guide and the best DVR in the industry, and watch Breaking Bad on ZUNE.

I would rather all this energy be spent on getting ESPN U and News in HD.

Some people like paying for HD-Lite. Aside from Auto Hop, you get all of want you claim to want from Directv. Keep losing HD channels and there won't be many left.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts