Is my 522 Broken?

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
Is my 522 Broken? - Updated

I have a 622 and a 522 both leased. This afternoon one of the kids came upstairs and said the TV wasn't working. I tried a soft reboot (power button) but the thing would not reboot. I then tried a hard reboot. (power cord) It still will not reboot. As soon as I plug it in the TV one light goes on and then all 3 lights go on and it rotates between those two scenarios.

If you try and watch either TV all you get is the acquiring satelite screen that pops in and out but never gets through all 5 steps.

Is thing busted? It is 105 degrees today does that have anything to do with it? My 622 works perfectly. Any advice?

Thanks....

Last edited:
jimboeau said:
I have a 622 and a 522 both leased. This afternoon one of the kids came upstairs and said the TV wasn't working. I tried a soft reboot (power button) but the thing would not reboot. I then tried a hard reboot. (power cord) It still will not reboot. As soon as I plug it in the TV one light goes on and then all 3 lights go on and it rotates between those two scenarios.

If you try and watch either TV all you get is the acquiring satelite screen that pops in and out but never gets through all 5 steps.

Is thing busted? It is 105 degrees today does that have anything to do with it? My 622 works perfectly. Any advice?

Thanks....
Did you do a check switch? Hit menu during the acquiring screen and do a check switch.

The acquiring screen comes and goes and when it's on the remote buttons have no effect and you can't go into any menu screens. The acquiring screen just stays up for a few seconds and then disappears and comes back a minute later.

jimboeau said:
Thanks, I've tried that too.

I called Dish tonight and they are shipping me a new 522 and I need to ship back the old one.

In typical E* fashion I called them today because my new 522 had not arrived via UPS as of yet and they told me I would get it Thursday or Friday. Low and behold the order for the replacement 522 had been completed but for some reason it had not shipped. They are overnighting one to me so I should have it on Tuesday. Gotta love it :eek: