is My 811 bad or is it the dpp 21 problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nclee

Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Yesterday, I turned on the 811, it showed picture for a moment, then went blank, then came the 004, your switch is bad message ..., please do check switch.

I went downstair and turned on the 921, it was working perfectly.

So I unpluged the 811 (twice), tried point dish, check switch thing, 811 only see 119, could not see 110 and 61.5.

I called dish advanced tech support, they can't tell me much other than sending a tech to my place.

So could anyone tell me what might be the problem? and How should I go about solving it?

Thanks.

P.S. I have the DP twin DP single and DPP 21 switch.

There is no such thing (to my knowledge) as a DPP 21 switch. You must have a DP twin and a DPP 44 switch. Check to make sure the power inserter is plugged in if your 811 is running off port one of the DPP 44 switch.

If that doesn't fix it try moving the 811 to the place where the 921 is and hooking it up using only one satellite input. If the problem follows the receiver it's a receiver problem, if it doesn't it's either a switch or a cable problem.

Same here

Greeted with the same message. Did check switch, found only 119, no 110.
Hard reboot twice
Multiple C/S, all the same result.

I have another 811 and 2 322's that have no problems.

Any clues?

satqas said:
There is no such thing (to my knowledge) as a DPP 21 switch. You must have a DP twin and a DPP 44 switch. Check to make sure the power inserter is plugged in if your 811 is running off port one of the DPP 44 switch.

I stand corrected, I do not have DPP 21 switch, I only have dpp twin and a dp single, one of the line from dpp twin split into two and goes to 921, the other line of dpp twin goes to 811.

But regardless, it does not work. I will try your suggestion over the weekend. hopefully this does not mess up the 921.

first. Take your 811 and connect to 921 satellite feed. If everything comes in, that means the line that runs to 811 receiver has a problem. Make sure its a straight line, if there is a wall plate with a white barrel that could be your problem. And make sure Tech did not use RG59 cable with DP system ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)