Is PBS HD audio on 125 stereo or 5.1?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thisBUDsforyou

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
The local PBS station here in Philly (WHYY) broadcasts all of their audio in stereo. An engineer told me that it's because of some combination of bandwidth issues or they don't have the right equipment to send the audio in 5.1. Is the audio for PBS HD East and PBS HD West on 12140 V 30000 on 125W (AMC 21) in stereo or is it 5.1? Is this the satellite my local TV station is using for its feed? Thanks for any help.

The local PBS station here in Philly (WHYY) broadcasts all of their audio in stereo. An engineer told me that it's because of some combination of bandwidth issues or they don't have the right equipment to send the audio in 5.1. Is the audio for PBS HD East and PBS HD West on 12140 V 30000 on 125W (AMC 21) in stereo or is it 5.1? Is this the satellite my local TV station is using for its feed? Thanks for any help.

12140 is dolby surround , u will need a receiver with dolby support for these channels.

Most PBS programming is actually stereo on 125 W.

I suggest enabling Dolby Pro Logic II on your receiver.

yes, there are one or two streams of AC3 which decodes into stereo rather than 5.1 for most PBS signals. However Montana PBS still uses an MP2 stream for its audio. It makes sense that WHYY would not have reason to upgrade to a 5.1 format from a stereo feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)