Is satellite installer jobs going to hell

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JPJ822

Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Beecher
So i used to install satellite a few years back as a sub and recently have been looking to get back into the field because my current job sucks and getting laid off every year isnt paying the bills. So i went to dish to apply online for inhouse and had to spend 35 minutes on an online assessment and was told looking for someone more qualified to fill position try again in 180 days. Where is this world going when computers tell you if you can even have an interview or not. I think its bs to get denied even the decency of an interview because of a computer program that allows mistakes and possibilities of pressing wrong things. what happened to the good ole days of filling out an app with your info and skills and talking face to face with someone to feel you out. Not to mention no wounder why in house doesnt pay crap becasue dish spends all there money on bs online assessments instead of paying there employes who bust there asses to give people there blessed TV. Rant over thanks for listening.

A buddy of mine applied at a bowling alley t do repair work......

He too was denied by the computer.

Soon computers will run our lives if they arent already:(

The computer likely did you a great favor.............

Computerized applications can be used to screen out those with limited computer skills. Just as some written job applications were (are) designed to screen out folks with limited literacy.

JPJ,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. My suggestion since you got the skills, become your own subcontractor.

Another area you may want to check is SOLAR PANELS installation certification. Become a certified installer and you will get several opportunities in your state.

They expect the most qualified technicians to work at even cheaper prices as time goes on. They expect more for less.

The company I work for does this now you have to pass an online test just to even be considered for an interview. Of course back in the day when I got hired this was unheard of, but now just about all of the new employees are frickin idiots and not even qualified to operate a McDonalds cash register let alone a server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts