Is spraying wd40 on the dish and metal pieces fine?

rusty813

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Hawaii
I would like to protect my dish and the lnb arm from rusting since it rains alot in my area, is wd40 fine?

Like Boba said, wax would be better. If you do spray WD-40 on it, try not to get it on anything that is plastic, WD-40 melts some types of plastic.

I use Zep 45 on stuff with plastic parts, more expensive than WD-40 but it doesn't harm any types of plastic.

WD-40 is junk ... mostly solvent and very little lubricant. I would never buy it.

Zep ... much better product.

It sells for around $25.00 for the pair of cans that come with the never Wet box. I don't feel like wasting that much money on something that might work. I would rather take my family the matinee movie for that price. At least we will get some enjoyment out of it.

Better Google that Never Wet. IIRC it does not last.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

OK. Nevermind tthe never wet.

Actually as someone else mentioned, I wouldn't worry about rust too much, chances are it will out last the life of your account even in a lot of rain, you'll probably switch services before it becomes unusable.

OK. Nevermind tthe never wet.

Actually as someone else mentioned, I wouldn't worry about rust too much, chances are it will out last the life of your account even in a lot of rain, you'll probably switch services before it becomes unusable.

He doesn't say which island he is on but the combination of salt air and frequent downpours can lead to early failure. But I do agree he will probably leave DISH before a dish actually fails.

Dish installer told me to spray WD40 on dish to shed snow. Although it does not snow that much in Albuquerque, and probably less on the Big Island :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)