Is "SUPERDISH" a Super waste of effort?

Srimark

Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
I was sitting here reading the recent posts regarding the delay of Superdish and or the 921. :(
You think that these intelligent electronic design professionals would stop changing the basics of the system. The basics meaning the DISH. LEAVE THE DISH ON MY ROOF ALONE. Make the system work with what we got already. Most people are somewhat use to these somewhat larger than you want dishes on their homes. Why make it any bigger? This is the age of miniature things.
Can anyone tell me why they are not making the system better without me having to have a huge antenna farm on my house. ????

Thanks.

Love the forum.

It will not be a waste of effort if the size of the dish will be accepted by the masses. It is bound to increase sales somewhat, but maybe it will not increase sales as much as they had hoped if a lot of people choose to not have them installed because of their large size.

Stargazer said:
It will not be a waste of effort if the size of the dish will be accepted by the masses. It is bound to increase sales somewhat, but maybe it will not increase sales as much as they had hoped if a lot of people choose to not have them installed because of their large size.

It seems the biggest need for the SuperDish are that the new locals markets are on the 105 bird.
Also, E* keeps stating the all NEW HD channels will end up on the 105 location (thus need SuperDish). Eventually any HD on 61.5 will be turned off & sent to 105 or 110.

Robert

I wonder what Dish will do with all the free space on 61.5 and 148? Perhaps they could add some of those markets that they cannot have SuperDish installed at and/or for some of the smaller markets.

Just how many total channels (including the locals) does E* have compared to D*? D* seems to be able to somehow squeak by without the semi-BUD unit called "SuperDish" that E* seems to be proffering, but I'll bet D* isn't attempting to provide the same amount of programming as E*... or does D* have more transponders in fewer orbital slots and thus E* has to spread out over more birds?

Yea, I know it's hard to really compare since there are spot beams and suchlike to cloud the issue. I guess I'm wondering if D* would have a SuperDish too if they were trying to do as much stuff as E* is.

I think a lot of people would rather have a second smaller dish than one large dish at their house. I think two small dishes would be ok, three wouldn't.

Dish could leave the dish that you have on your house alone but they could also not add HD and locals to many areas.

Srimark, if you are a HDTV owner, and have a 6000, you know the answer and are very happy about SuperDish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)