Is the 105 satellite still in use?

Scott6760

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
North Carolina
I got into a debate with a coworker of mine. We used to use 105 superdishes in Baltimore for the locals, but then they were moved to 110. He swears this is because the 105 orbital has been 'decomissioned' for over a year. I said that it is still active and that some markets still use it. Who is right?

I got into a debate with a coworker of mine. We used to use 105 superdishes in Baltimore for the locals, but then they were moved to 110. He swears this is because the 105 orbital has been 'decomissioned' for over a year. I said that it is still active and that some markets still use it. Who is right?

It is still alive and kicking. AMC-15 is providing KU service there. There's also still some DishNetwork signals there but as you already know they are being moved off.

105 List:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn105&sub=true&sort=TP

105 is slowly going away for Dish use, but going to be used for other uses (I don't know what) and Baltimore has move to the 110 Sat. If you want to check tune to local channel press menu, 6, 1, 1 you will be at the point dish screen and should display what Satellite your getting.:)

105 is still being used in the Charleston/Hungtington WV locals market. I wonder if they will choose to keep it on there due to issues with trees and hills here? 129 cannot be seen by many folks here but DirecTv is easier to have a clear shot for their satellites.

105 is still being used in the Charleston/Hungtington WV locals market. I wonder if they will choose to keep it on there due to issues with trees and hills here? 129 cannot be seen by many folks here but DirecTv is easier to have a clear shot for their satellites.

By now you probably know they will do/did it anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts