612 installed yesterday good performance so far

csmk6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
I got a 612 yesterday to replace my 211. So far so good. I actually figured out how to hook it up better than the tech. It is a decent looking box. I will report back periodically as to its performance. The menu is identical to the 622/722. The only thing that drove me nuts was that I had an 8-12 a.m. appt time and the tech decides to show up at 2:30 p.m. I am still waiting to hear back from Dish regarding that.

I got a 612 yesterday to replace my 211. So far so good. I actually figured out how to hook it up better than the tech. It is a decent looking box. I will report back periodically as to its performance. The menu is identical to the 622/722. The only thing that drove me nuts was that I had an 8-12 a.m. appt time and the tech decides to show up at 2:30 p.m. I am still waiting to hear back from Dish regarding that.

What do you expect to hear...sorry? :rolleyes:

Success!!!

Well I will report that I did have success regarding my tech showing up late. I sent an email to E* and since I carry a premium pack on my account they credited me $20/month for 3 months. That eased my frustration with them. I know it is not their fault but geez can't a tech tell you they are going to be late?

Well I will report that I did have success regarding my tech showing up late. I sent an email to E* and since I carry a premium pack on my account they credited me $20/month for 3 months. That eased my frustration with them. I know it is not their fault but geez can't a tech tell you they are going to be late?
Man............squeeze every penny bud. Yeah, I'll call you on my cell so YOU can call me at every chance you can, then call E* to say whatever you want, too? Right. You know techs try to make every schedule they can, but its not always possible. You really think you deserved a $60 credit? Please tell us what you do? Maybe, I can return the favor!

Man............squeeze every penny bud. Yeah, I'll call you on my cell so YOU can call me at every chance you can, then call E* to say whatever you want, too? Right. You know techs try to make every schedule they can, but its not always possible. You really think you deserved a $60 credit? Please tell us what you do? Maybe, I can return the favor!

I totally agree with the refund. The tech should have called if he was going to be late. You are given a wide window for a reason and if the techs can't show in that window then at least give a courtesy call. I know when I stay home for that window, I am usually missing work and our time is just as valuable as theirs. My 2 cents.

I totally agree with the refund. The tech should have called if he was going to be late. You are given a wide window for a reason and if the techs can't show in that window then at least give a courtesy call. I know when I stay home for that window, I am usually missing work and our time is just as valuable as theirs. My 2 cents.

+1

Credit

I do think I deserved the credit since I lost an entire day of work because of it. If the tech would be called me at 11:55 and said "hey I am going to be late due to a difficult install" I would have been thrilled! If E* wants to maintain good customer service and not lose subs then find installers that communicate. When the tech's sign a contract with E* they should have to guarantee communication with all other appointments on that day's schedule if they are running late. I work in the customer service business and if I do not communicate with my clients they will go elsewhere.

You think your tech was late... I had A1 call me 3 times in the previous 24 hours to make sure I was home (which I was). The tech never showed up, and I waited all day. He showed up unannounced the following day, and before I could get back home and tell him to cease and desist, he had decabled my in-ground cable setup by mistake, taking down my Internet service and web-based business, and disabling all my phones. (That is when I discovered I had no cell phone service at my new residence.)

I never got a dime for that snafu.

Why not schedule something on a day you don't work? In my life I have never seen such a fuss. I can see this is futile with all the +1s in agreement. Just give it away. And I can imagine that ceo email addy drying up because everyone and their brother uses it for such important matters.

Why not schedule something on a day you don't work? In my life I have never seen such a fuss. I can see this is futile with all the +1s in agreement. Just give it away. And I can imagine that ceo email addy drying up because everyone and their brother uses it for such important matters.

Maybe the OP wanted to get the job done as soon as possible and did not want to wait until a day he was off. Being the customer, he has the right to expect the tech to be there within a HALF DAY window. Or at least a phone call if the tech is going to be late.

Think of this, anyone working weird hours or afternoons or evenings should be able to schedule a morning install and expect the tech there in the morning. I work a 4pm-2am shift once in a while, and I would have no problem scheduling an install in the morning. If the tech showed up late and I had to take off work so I could get the install done that day, then DISH is going to here about it. I can't believe they gave you a credit though. Thats great!

Maybe the OP wanted to get the job done as soon as possible and did not want to wait until a day he was off. Being the customer, he has the right to expect the tech to be there within a HALF DAY window. Or at least a phone call if the tech is going to be late.

I bet no one ever handed you 4 am's and 2 pm's with 200 miles between them, unknown conditions at each job, and no company cell phone.......

just a hunch

Nope. Thats why I don't blame the tech, I blame DISH, and DISH should compensate the customer when they unrealistically schedule these appointments.

Good Hunch.

I got a 612 yesterday to ................................................................and the tech decides to show up at 2:30 p.m. .

i guess this is whats eats me up. "and the tech DECIDES...."

lets throw on 8 inches of snow coming down, sub-zero degrees, 30 mph winds, and they gave me a CRAPPY van. happens all the time to guys.

all for your stinkin tv. sheesh.

I don't call customers, for the simple reason that with so many people having caller ID now, I'm sure I would get phone calls in the middle of the night or when I least want them and I'm not tech support so I don't want those phone calls. Keep in mind most techs have to use their personal cell phone, would you want me calling you at 2 am asking you questions or demanding to know why your system won't work?

Missed time frames are a fact of life in this business. Most techs will not call there customers for the simple fact that most customers will save that number and call the tech anytime they have a questions or think there system isnt working. Would you want dozens of phone calls everyday from new customers on your personell cell phone? The 8-12 and 1-5 appointments are only able to be made in a perfect world. Every house is different. I dont think you would want the tech rushing through your install. Most techs like to do the job right the first time and not have a service call later on down the road that he is charged for.

So yeah, next time you have a tech in your home tell him he can rush through and cut corners to make his next time frame. I'm sure if he would have called on his cell that you wouldnt have saved that number for future use. Insert rolling eyes emoticon here-->

I *67 before calling customers....blocks the # .It's also possible the tech was in the boonies with no phone signal,happens to me all the time.

... oh and I've never been compensated one stinkin cent for all the customers who stood me up and there have been many ... so I really think your whining to be pathetic !

And one more thing fellas - it is quite possible that the appointment was listed as a PM appointment. I myself seem to get about one messed up work order per day (either wrong equipment or wrong time frame)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)