What TV's or streaming devices allow Dish Anywhere to be installed?

Interesting I have never heard of that before. I just know that I couldn't add DISH Anywhere to my parents Roku and when I googled they said Roku doesn't support it. :smug
There is such a thing as a TV with Roku built in. I have a JVC TV in my bedroom with Roku built in. Part of it's inputs include OTA/Cable, Roku, and HDMI. I have my Joey 3 plugged into HDMI 1. I could replace that Joey 3 with a Firestick to get DA if I so wished.

As of September 6th, 2023 only Version 5 (supposedly that is the 4K Max and the newest Lite - not sure of others) of the Amazon Fire Stick will work with Dish Anywhere. I have 13 firesticks (Generations 2-4) and none of them will work with Dish Anywhere after this date. Some are less than 1 year old.

Last edited:
As of September 6th, 2023 only Version 5 (supposedly that is the 4K Max and the newest Lite - not sure of others) of the Amazon Fire Stick will work with Dish Anywhere. I have 13 firesticks (Generations 2-4) and none of them will work with Dish Anywhere after this date. Some are less than 1 year old.
Do you have a link with that information?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Please clarify, are you talking about hardware version or software version? There's a difference. For instance Firestick generation 1 runs software version 5.2.9.3 while 4K Max runs 7.6.4.6. As far as I know Amazon's latest generation of Firestick is gen 3 so where are you getting a gen 4?

Fire TV Device and Accessory Software Updates - Amazon Customer Service

I agree with that. Right now, it is on sale for $26.99 (regular price: $54.99).

I just bought another one because I accidentally left the remote at our time-share while on vacation. It was more cost effective to buy a new 4K Max (while it's on sale) than to buy a replacement remote.

I am having some issues with Dish Anywhere and my Nvidia. It just seems to quit playing for no reason. All the other apps seem to work fine. Anyone found a solution to this issue?

My daughter uses a VERY old Amazon fire stick on one of her roku tvs for Dish Anywhere. She got an online TV message and email stating that her fire stick would soon be obsolete with a link to a new "free" fire stick. After I did some investigation, saw it was legit, and used the unique QR code to order the "newer" one. Ended up being the fire stick Light from a few years ago. So..... looks like some older ones will still work, but the now removed fire stick that she was using, looked up in my account and was activated in 2018.

I agree with that. Right now, it is on sale for $26.99 (regular price: $54.99).

I just bought another one because I accidentally left the remote at our time-share while on vacation. It was more cost effective to buy a new 4K Max (while it's on sale) than to buy a replacement remote.

Thank you. I checked my rarely used Firestick and it was acting flaky. And remote buttons got stuck ON. And it turns out mine is HD not UHD.

Good price, they say delivery tonight. Doubt it. But I have no rush.

I am having some issues with Dish Anywhere and my Nvidia. It just seems to quit playing for no reason. All the other apps seem to work fine. Anyone found a solution to this issue?
How long does it take?Is it inconsistent-like one time 5 minutes,the next 45 minutes? Iwill try it at some point-just want to know how much time I need to set aside.

Dish Anywhere (via Hopper 3) for me has really been a disappointment. Live streaming via the Fire Stick has been mixed, low resolution, and usually cuts out given time which isn't all too long. I stream Plex over my network, though, at the moment, I don't recall if I have an ethernet connection to the Hopper, like I do my RaspPi.

In fact, maybe that is what I need to do. I have an ethernet to the Roku I have because Roku sucks at bandwidth over WiFi and can't manage ripped blu-ray streaming rates.