Guide For OTA Channels not so good

11555h

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Southern Michigan
I realize that the guide for OTA local channels isn't the best, but now the guide shows the ABC guide info on the CBS channel guide slot and "no information available" for the ABC channel guide which is directly below it. Some of the other channel guides show "no information available" and some show the correct programs on the guide. Would doing a reset straighten this out or is there some other fix. Thank you

I'm seriously considering leaving Dish Network. Very few of the OTA sub channels in the guide have any programming information. If companies like Tablo can offer a complete OTA gude for all channels, I don't see why Dish can't. We certainly pay a premium price to them already.

Would doing a reset straighten this out or is there some other fix.
Probably not. My CBS and Fox channels have no guide data at all. My DabL channel has guide data for Fox. I've reported it multiple times for several months.

My Tablo and Tivo guides are accurate and complete. I pay nothing to Tablo, zero, nada.

I'm seriously considering leaving Dish Network. Very few of the OTA sub channels in the guide have any programming information. If companies like Tablo can offer a complete OTA gude for all channels, I don't see why Dish can't. We certainly pay a premium price to them already.
I know I'm a broken record, but the information for the OTA subchannels is in the Dish receivers. They just refuse to utilize/display it. It's called PSIP. Your TV will display it, why won't Dish?

That was the main reason I decided to go to Sling and use my Tablo for ota. I get all my ota channels with guide data and with Tablo I pay $20.00 a year for complete commercial skip on recorded shows. The Tablo can be watched in different locations at the same time and it doesn't affect the other watchers. I have the 4 tuner version of Tablo.

I also have the Air tv anywhere 4 tuner dvr that integrates ota channels into the Sling guide. The drawbacks on this one is that when you watch anything recorded on ota you can often see the picture freeze for about 2 seconds and then restart right before a commercial break starts. Like watching a soap and they pan in on the actors up close and look at the camera and then freeze... start again for commercials. This doesn't happen with the sling channels just the ota channel recordings. Also no dolby digital surround sound with Sling or the Air tv anywhere dvr for ota. I use this to record political and news shows. I use my Tablo for all my ota recordings because it has dolby digital surround sound and commercial skip and the best part is no freezing before commercial breaks.

I realize that the guide for OTA local channels isn't the best, but now the guide shows the ABC guide info on the CBS channel guide slot and "no information available" for the ABC channel guide which is directly below it. Some of the other channel guides show "no information available" and some show the correct programs on the guide. Would doing a reset straighten this out or is there some other fix. Thank you
I've only seen that happen after scanning for OTA. Always corrects fairly soon.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts