Question On Series Recording

11555h

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Southern Michigan
On my Timer for series recording is a program entry for channel 006-00 which is a CBS channel (I believe for Dish TV local channels). I recently dropped the Dish local channels and went back to OTA for locals and on the Guide it now only shows 006-01and that time slot doesn't show to be recorded. How would I go about changing that channel number on the timer for that particular program from 006-00 to 006-01. I have this problem on a few channels. To complicate the problem on that channel there is no program information. I guess I just want to have it record at the same time slot every week.

On my Timer for series recording is a program entry for channel 006-00 which is a CBS channel (I believe for Dish TV local channels). I recently dropped the Dish local channels and went back to OTA for locals and on the Guide it now only shows 006-01and that time slot doesn't show to be recorded. How would I go about changing that channel number on the timer for that particular program from 006-00 to 006-01. I have this problem on a few channels. To complicate the problem on that channel there is no program information. I guess I just want to have it record at the same time slot every week.
I have the same situation. What I did was set up a manual timer for that channel at that time slot. The receiver will give you a choice to record it weekly, daily, Mon-Fri, etc. (I think)

It's pretty absurd that DISH encouraged us to go to OTA for locals, even to the point of giving some people antennas and installation, then can't provide program guide information for OTA channels.

If I do a manual record at the time and day the program I want recorded, will it appear on the DVR list, when recorded, as the actual program name or something else that doesn't describe what the program is?

No, it will show as CBS, channel #, and time on a DISH icon thumbnail. That's on my Wally. Other receivers may have the ability to name a timer, I don't know.

No, it will show as CBS, channel #, and time on a DISH icon thumbnail. That's on my Wally. Other receivers may have the ability to name a timer, I don't know.

It is the same in a Hopper3. You can not name a timer. You can select the channel, frequency, date, time, type (DVR or Autotune), folder, and protection.

You could create a folder with the name of the show and put the manual timer for that show into the folder. It would be a lot of extra work but you would be able to pick the show by the folder name.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)