New DISH Anywhere iOS app released- includes new UI & PiP

Couple of quick critiques on the new iOS app:

1) Streamed channels from the guide used to allow you to rewind to the start of the current program and pause & fast forward. This is not available anymore. That totally sucks because that was a nice feature of the previous version. You can’t even pause the streamed channel, and I can’t find a way to make the app choose the DVR tuner to stream the channel (which allows pausing, rewinding and fast forward). This sucks.

UPDATE: Choose the “i” and you CAN stream the channel using the DVR tuner. A bit cumbersome, but workable.

2) Shows in the guide that are available On Demand should link to those on demand titles…but don’t. Big miss there, too.

3) The side bars, even on 16:9 HD programs, are not quite pure black. For OLED screens, that’s going to be annoying.

4) Squeezed/odd ratio programs/channels like MeTV look bad. There needs to be a way to stretch/zoom those programs, just like on the Hopper.

5) In the guide, when filter to the “News” option, Fox News isn’t listed (..biting my tongue…), but NewsMax is. Also NOT listed: Fox Business, Bloomberg, & CNBC.

That’s all I can find the complain about (for now)…it’s slick, fast, responsive, and a pretty good upgrade overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just made my Hopper reboot:
While “watching” one of the music channels in the 800’s, I put my iPhone into standby (to see if it would allow for background audio…it doesn’t). When I woke my phone up, I closed the Dish Anywhere app and my Hopper 3 rebooted.

Totally reproducible. Just did it again to confirm. Waking my phone up didn’t make it reboot, simply putting to sleep did. This does NOT affect regular DVR tuner channels or streaming channels. Only the music channels, it appears.

Odd bug.

iPhone XR, iOS 15 Developer Beta 6
Hopper 3, H308

Last edited:
Just made my Hopper reboot:
While “watching” one of the music channels in the 800’s, I put my iPhone into standby (to see if it would allow for background audio…it doesn’t). When I woke my phone up, I closed the Dish Anywhere app and my Hopper 3 rebooted.

Totally reproducible. Just did it again to confirm. Waking my phone up didn’t make it reboot, simply putting to sleep did.

Odd bug.

iPhone XR, iOS 15 Developer Beta 6

Reproducible on my iPhone 12 Pro, running public software. Yep, its a bug.

Reactions: syphix
Does Dish plan to update the Dish Anywhere app on the Fire Stick? My request would be for Dish Anywhere to be able to access content on Auxiliary Hard Drives.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: KAB
All mine does is say 'No Credentials' It popped up once to let me enter my email and password, said it was validating with my service provider and nothing. Now when I launch it it just stays on the No Credentials banner and doesn't even let me enter my ID and Password anymore.

Great programming and testing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts