Is the 301 remote limited on codes

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
I have been trying to program my 301 remote for my Insignia 27" HD TV but the remote doesn't seem to take all the codes that are listed in the book that came with my new 501 remote. On many codes the remote did not flash that the code had been excepted. Is the 301 remote limited because it is an older remote?

Maybe it's just me, but there have been times where I've used an older remote that wouldn't program, but a newer one did.

Just hold down tv to all lights light up, hit the red power button, use the up arrow to cycle through the codes. When the tv turns off hit the # key.

How to do that on a old legacy remote, I'm clueless.

Try 220...it works with my Insignia 27 inch HDTV but I have a different remote. You can get newer UHF remotes from some of the sponsor sites, used for at little as $10. I did ...they all work fine with my 811, 622, and 508

it just makes sense, the older the remote, the fewer codes it will support. The newest ones will still control the old receivers though so it's a good excuse to upgrade.

How old is that remote control? I bet the insignia TV is newer than the remote control. When that remote control was manufactured a chip was put in with the current codes, those codes are all that remote will program to. Buy that same blue button remote 2 years later and there may be a different chip with more codes stored in it. Buying a remote for the 622/211 will probably have the latest chip in it seeing that is the newest receivers that DISH has released.

The TV is new. The remote is 3 or 4 years old. I wonder if a new 301 remote would be any different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts