Is the 922 free yet?

Well, I may play the "retention" game if I don't have any luck tomorrow to get it less than $200. My 722k has been having slow guide problems, has been good 3 days now, but they don't have to know that lol.

I have been seriously considering U-VERSE, but the 922 can keep me with Dish.

Read up on U-Verse around here. You'll probably change your mind about considering them.

Thanks Scott, I will check that out, my mother in law just got it and they love, but then again they aren't a tech nerd like me! I have U-Verse Internet Only now, works great, I am not too interested in Sharing Bandwidth when my TV is, I think I would need a higher speed than 12M. Decision Decisions!

sfollenius said:
Well, I may play the "retention" game if I don't have any luck tomorrow to get it less than $200. My 722k has been having slow guide problems, has been good 3 days now, but they don't have to know that lol.

I have been seriously considering U-VERSE, but the 922 can keep me with Dish.

The retention argument won't help you out any.

And $200 for everyone...people won't pay $200 for a rcvr.

The retention argument won't help you out any.

And $200 for everyone...people won't pay $200 for a rcvr.

I think you are sadly mistaken. Some people won't pay $200. I have no problem paying $200 for a receiver if it is a good upgrade.

Since the 922 has been released, our shop has only been through about 45 of them.

So....ok. Most people won't pay $200 for one. I myself will probably just bite the bullet and give in. :(

Why don't you think Retention won't do anything. If nothing else, they give me credits to make up for the $200 I would do it. I am out of contract etc, I would think they would work with me if I am "cancelling".

They have been known to say "ok, I can terminate your service right now." It happens. Not often, but it's a risk you take. They don't seem too interested in retention these days, they seem interested in cutting people they suspect they won't make money on.

Why don't you think Retention won't do anything. If nothing else, they give me credits to make up for the $200 I would do it. I am out of contract etc, I would think they would work with me if I am "cancelling".

The 922, to dish is a "neat thing" not a necessity for service.

I hate to think what I paid for my 721. I've blocked it from my memory.

Hmmmm- I think I paid a hundred for one of my ViP722s.

I paid $549.00 + tax/shipping for a 921.:eek: Talk about insane..........:rolleyes::eek: Bought it right after they lowered the price from $999.00.

BTW, I still have it and it's the best door stop I've ever used!:D

Ed

Guess Jarheads are even dumber than Swabbies, lol.

Last edited:
Depends on the swabbie. I had a guy working for me who misspelled his own name on the 3rd class exam. Failed, of course.

sfollenius said:
So has anyone had any luck at getting the 922k for under the normal price?

I was told it's $100 for 4 and 5 star customer. I'm a 5 star customer.

The csr I chatted with first told me it was $649...then it was $200 plus monthly lease...then it was "let me talk to a supervisor"....the he said $200 was the best he could do.

I dont see the $200 coat going down anytime soon. Maybe when a new rcvr comes out....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)