Is the 922 free yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well the way I am going to look at it is,if not it's not my time to have my DVR Fee go from $6. to$10. a month.;)

Actually Dish Network should make it easy.Email all who qualify to ask it they would like to move up to the 922.:)
They probably will do just that, more likely use postal mail. It wouldn't be like Dish to walk past an opportunity to collect another $4 a month.

According to the Retailer Chat Recap, it is going to be free begining Oct 1st for Grade A customers. Hope I can qualify.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-network-retailer-chat-recap-september-3.html

From Scott:
Yeah I saw that but didn't post it since most customers do not quality as a grade A customer.
If your not a Grade A customer then the cost is still $200. BTW we can't tell what a customers grade is, so please dont ask.

I hope I qualify too!.(just don't tell my wife that!).;):D

Be sure to show us the arrows in your back! ;)

JK. Somehow, I suspect this receiver will be more polished than the ViP922 was at it's release. Just a hunch.

I'm going to hold out for the 813.
so doing ruff math wait 6 to 9 months for a release, another year or so to fix half the bugs, that makes like what Dec. 2013? And I was being nice that it releases in a half year, I realy,realy doubt it!!!!!! This is Dish were talking about! lol

According to the Retailer Chat Recap, it is going to be free begining Oct 1st for Grade A customers. Hope I can qualify.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-network-retailer-chat-recap-september-3.html

From Scott:
Yeah I saw that but didn't post it since most customers do not quality as a grade A customer.
If your not a Grade A customer then the cost is still $200. BTW we can't tell what a customers grade is, so please dont ask.

Really?! I may jump on that!

I'd love to get my hands on a 922, but I don't think I can justify an additional $48 annually just for a prettier interface. (Given the advent of the sling adapter, this seems to be the only 922 feature missing from the 722 line of receivers, feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.)

This may greatly change if the UI difference proves to offer a significant upgrade in terms of ease of use once the blockbuster streaming is integrated. The 722/722k VOD menus drive me nuts, so this may in fact be the case. Only time will tell.

As for the prospect off waiting for the new whole home solution, I fell like going that route at this point won't benefit me all that much. If I ever move or leave Dish (but then resubscribe) and am presented with a brand new install situation, then that seems like it'd be a better fit. Then again, if reports/ user reviews of the 813s and the thin clients wow me, all bets are off!

Since the 813 will be based on the 922 guides, menus etc, I have to deduce that it will also have the $10.00 dvr fee like the 922 has today. Of course it won't be for the sling loaded tech, but will be because of the multi view whole house technology. So I predict that the future will be $4.00 more for everyone who takes the latest tech receivers.

Personally I like the 922, I suppose it's a matter of what moves you, may be I'm a masochist. I like the look, the space, the graphics, the sling, the ease of menus. Is it perfect...No, but it's entertaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts