Is the 922 free yet?

No. First off, going from a tech to a customer was an absolute nightmare in terms of getting the service and just becoming a "customer". Now, the 922 becomes free for almost everyone and somehow they want me to pay for it. I'm not in a contract, will gladly be in a contract, gladly pay the extra $4 a month and gladly continue being a loyal, monthly paying subscriber in trade for a 922.

In three weeks, when the iPhone 5 rolls out, I will be able to renew my contract with AT&T and they in turn will give me a heavy discount, if not a free phone for using their service. I don't expect anything less from a TV provider.

I called in and was denied,but in all honesty Dish Network did upgrade me to a VIP722k/wMT2 for a 24 month commitment in Jan.2011.:)

So hopefully Dish Network will update their 722k's GUI someday as that's all I really wanted.;)

Because you can't get anything for free anymore. There is no reason that the 922 needed a tech to be installed in my opinion.
I had to show the Tech how to link the remotes when i got mine last year. :confused::(:confused:

I called to see if i would qualify to upgrade my 722 to one for free and i did but they said i would require a tech visit even if i already had one on my account. I forgot to ask if you can have two on one account. i thought i remembered hearing that they wouldn't put two on an account or has that changed, or did i just misread that?

I had to show the Tech how to link the remotes when i got mine last year. :confused::(:confused:

On behalf of the tech, several things come to mind. -none of which are your fault nor should you need to teach the tech how to do his job, in your home. I blame Dish.

This is my opinion based off of my experiences.

First off, when the 922 rolled out, only a few select people were "allowed" to do the installs. These select people were given their training in about 5min on an already active, already running 922...at least in my shop. The techs that were selected to do the installs in my shop were not exactly computer/tech savy.

922's sat on our shop floor for months on end, maybe one or two leaving the shop per week. In trying to upsell the 922 (in a downed economy), customers were not interested in paying an extra $200 for a receiver to watch TV. The 922 is not your average run a check switch and activate the receiver kinda receiver. Customer education is also different. Not doing 922's often can become a little difficult in the end. Things changed fairly quickly with the 922 when it first rolled out...i.e. at first TV2 was not supported.

Also, lets not forget that these techs are doing these installs on time constraints. Quantity over quality mindset.

I understand your situation and not wanting to have a tech come to your home to do the receiver install. -this is the policy though and Dish gets what they want. Why do they require it...because people are idiots.

Just finished my chat. I am getting the free upgrade. They are waiving the installation fee, which is great but probably because I pay for the protection.
I also asked to make sure that the 922 I am getting has OTA built in. The CSR said it did. I hope that is true.

Just finished my chat. I am getting the free upgrade. They are waiving the installation fee, which is great but probably because I pay for the protection.
I also asked to make sure that the 922 I am getting has OTA built in. The CSR said it did. I hope that is true.

No the OTA is not, it must be added....and if they do to you what they did to played stupid and then charged $50.....Those CSR are paid to lie!!!!

No the OTA is not, it must be added....and if they do to you what they did to played stupid and then charged $50.....Those CSR are paid to lie!!!!

So this description is false advertising?[h=2]All Features:[/h]
  • Watch your TV on your mobile device
  • New Graphical Interface
  • 1TB Storage
  • Dolby[SUP]®[/SUP] Digital audio*
  • Support for external Hard Drives
  • Video on Demand (VOD)
  • Picture-in-picture (PIP)
  • View HD and SD programming
  • View over-the-air digital SD and HD broadcasts
  • On-screen Caller ID with history**
[h=2]Get Started Now![/h]

stvlg1 said:
So this description is false advertising?[h=2]All Features:[/h]

[*]Watch your TV on your mobile device
[*]New Graphical Interface
[*]1TB Storage
[*]Dolby[SUP]®[/SUP] Digital audio*
[*]Support for external Hard Drives

[*]Video on Demand (VOD)
[*]Picture-in-picture (PIP)
[*]View HD and SD programming
[*]View over-the-air digital SD and HD broadcasts
[*]On-screen Caller ID with history**

[h=2]Get Started Now![/h]

Not false, itcan record OTA signals, but just requires an additional module. Misleading maybe but not false.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You didn't go for the free Sling Adapter? You weren't around when Dish had a 30th anniversary?

You didn't go for the free Sling Adapter? You weren't around when Dish had a 30th anniversary?

If this was intended at me? Well having a 922 and posting in the 922 thread I guess I realy dont need one...I stand by my statement.....

If this was intended at me? Well having a 922 and posting in the 922 thread I guess I realy dont need one...I stand by my statement.....
Touche. OK, the free Sling Adapter idea popped into my head because it's still available, and I forgot I was in the 922 portion of the forum. I've gotten a ton of freebies over the years, such as a year of free Platinum, the 3-mo of premiums repeatedly such as HBO right now, free HD for life, and a free remote. That's all I was trying to point out. Most freebies don't amount to much, perhaps, but they're still free, and I for one have gotten quite a few. Usually courtesy of advance notice on this forum. ;)

Touche. OK, the free Sling Adapter idea popped into my head because it's still available, and I forgot I was in the 922 portion of the forum. I've gotten a ton of freebies over the years, such as a year of free Platinum, the 3-mo of premiums repeatedly such as HBO right now, free HD for life, and a free remote. That's all I was trying to point out. Most freebies don't amount to much, perhaps, but they're still free, and I for one have gotten quite a few. Usually courtesy of advance notice on this forum. ;)

No problems!!! as for getting any programing for free....it cost them NOTHING! It only effects profits, and I could care less for any corparations profits...They fix that by forwarding it to us the consumer!!....The 922 has been a joke from its roll out, and how in the world they could buy Sling and make a good product worse is beyond me!!!!

Funny you rent there equipment, it goes to crap in a few months, and even with a service contract they hose you for $15 bucks...even my car warentys are better than that!!!!!

Like the caller id...you have to have the CID feature activated through your phone company to ha e CID on your tv.

And krell, the masses are idiots. I spent 2 years sealing with them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have a new install scheduled for Saturday PM.
Current system:
2x 510d
2x 311
Superdish
DP34

New system:
Dish 1000+
DPP44
OTA antenna integrated

Costs = $100

This is only my second upgrade in 11 years.

Well as the post went dish was comming out with the 922 with an OTA installed/included, so its free or it will be $50....

I had mine installed today. No OTA and unfortunately my 622 had OTA built in, so I could not do a swap while he was here. However, for some
722k upgrades, I could see them getting away with this if the installer is cool with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts