Is the 922 mostly stable now?

md_paul

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Maryland
Existing 922 owners:

I'm thinking about DIU my 4 year old 622 for a 922. Especially if I find out I'm eligible for the (nearly) free upgrade. However, after reading the posts, I'm concerned. Our 622 has been very reliable and stable receiver, and I'd never hear the end of it from my family if I switched it out with a receiver that doesn't work properly most of the time. Does the 922 still freeze / need to be manually reset frequently? Does it miss scheduled recordings, or fail to record a show end to end frequently? Any major operation issues still outstanding with the receiver and it's current software?

I appreciate your thoughts...

- Paul

I have a 622 and a 922. I would say as far as recording shows and watching them afterwards they are equal. I wouldn't use the word reliable for the sling part of the 922. I also have very rarely tried to record a 3rd show at a time and never a 4th show using the OTA module.

I got my 922 about a month ago, replaced my several year old dying 722. So far have had no problems recording at all. Record at least 2-4 programs daily. No issues whatsoever with freezing. I use a EHD and have swapped programs that were saved from my 722 with no issues. All in all I like it, a few things take some getting used to, like setting timers, especially for auto-tune. But as for stability, I have not seen any problems at all.

Mine has been rock solid for the last year and a few months. Only issues I've had have been fixed by software updates. I would recommend getting it. I really enjoy mine and I use it heavily.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would have to say the 922 is stable. I have not had any recording issues with it for a long time. But, alas now it is the last receiver to be updated. 722 still first with Dish.

On my second(922) in 5 months, I use the sling 100% of the time, its bad, unreliable, and get no help from dish.....as of now DRA dosent work, I have channels from another city....on DO I have a guide with wrong information no DVR and can stream and change channels....Its going on the 3rd day of this with no answers from dish as of now......

If it wasnt for a contract, I would be gone!

Have you gotten any help from DISH, even bad advice - anything communication with them at all? Also, did you sign on with a local dealer, or from DISH directly?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Have you gotten any help from DISH, even bad advice - anything communication with them at all? Also, did you sign on with a local dealer, or from DISH directly?

Yes , Im a pain in there ass! They get no answeres and lots of excuses..... Pay more get less......Thats the new slogan for the 922

How's your internet at the locations where you're using sling? Fast and reliable?

Can we leave this thread for the person posting looking for input? Why in the hell would internet speed matter if I cant see whats in my DVR? I can stream on DO but nothing DRA??? That hase ZERO to do with the problem...Its dishes falt and there not fixing it.....

Thanks all... Owners seem to have had mixed results. I decided to bite the bullet and contact Dish. I did qualify for the free 922 DIU. I decided to try my luck and go for it. It'll be delivered this Sunday between 8AM-12PM. Fingers crossed!

I have had my 922 since it came out in march 0f 2010. I occasionally have to do a reboot.. Other then that.. No problems and I do sling it a lot.. Also have a 722 that I have a sling attached and the wife uses it..

I've had mine since the early spring of 2010, aside from the headaches with Sling, DRA and DO the receiver has worked nominally. No breakdowns, replacements or other issues. I have the 722k also, I prefer the 922 for my primary receiver. I'm curious about the new units do out later this year or next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts