Is the a way to see all my recordings at once, regardless of source?

Kizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
Right now, I have 2 EHD's. When I go into my DVR, I can see everything stored on the Hopper 3, but have to change the source to see what is stored on the EHD's. Is there a way to see all my recordings at once, regardless of where they are stored?

Thanks for answering. Too bad, though. That would be handy.
I agree. The external drive(s) need to be more transparent. It shouldn't matter where a program is stored in order to show up in the program list. This should be an option along the lines of setting up what drive(s) (internal and any selection of external) appear in the normal program list.

Naming drives so they don't jump around in order would be necessary for this to work also.

Making programs on external drives accessible from DishAnywhere, too!

Reactions: Kizzer
If you know what you are looking for, by title, you can do a search: Home twice/Menu, Search. From there you enter the title and you will get to see that title on your H3 drive as well as your EHDs. For example, I have The Godfather Epic on my number 1 EHD. I go to search, type in The Godfather Epic (or at least most of it) and I see it pop up on the right side of the screen. I go over to it and select it and I am brought to my resume/start from the beginning/delete screen. I press start from the beginning and I begin, from the beginning of the movie, to watch directly off the EHD. Another fun thing, if you have the 50 remote, you can say it into the remote and it will bring you right there!

I agree. The external drive(s) need to be more transparent. It shouldn't matter where a program is stored in order to show up in the program list. This should be an option along the lines of setting up what drive(s) (internal and any selection of external) appear in the normal program list.

Naming drives so they don't jump around in order would be necessary for this to work also.

Making programs on external drives accessible from DishAnywhere, too!

Exactly! Maybe this could be a future software update.

If you know what you are looking for, by title, you can do a search: Home twice/Menu, Search. From there you enter the title and you will get to see that title on your H3 drive as well as your EHDs. For example, I have The Godfather Epic on my number 1 EHD. I go to search, type in The Godfather Epic (or at least most of it) and I see it pop up on the right side of the screen. I go over to it and select it and I am brought to my resume/start from the beginning/delete screen. I press start from the beginning and I begin, from the beginning of the movie, to watch directly off the EHD. Another fun thing, if you have the 50 remote, you can say it into the remote and it will bring you right there!
Thanks! I did not know that search would look at my EHDs.

Bobby's procedure (with minor mods) worked on my HWS. Press Menu, Down Arrow, Select. Do search.

It would be nice if pressing the DVR button had an option to consolidate all recorts so you could see all of your recordings and take advantage of the sort options.

Reactions: Kizzer
speaking of EHDs, I'm about to format a 3T WD EHD I was using on my Genie and attach it to my H3. How much slower is it accessing recordings on the EHD vs. the internal drive?

FWIW, love that Dish lets you use the EHD as additional storage, vs. the Directv design where it can only replace the internal drive rather than supplement it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)