Status
Not open for further replies.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Not that it's a huge deal mind you because I rarely go there lately. However I did take some comfort in the fact that I was the undisputed, all time, high-score champ at "Space Invaders", a replica of the old bar room table top game from the late '70s. I've probably won more Tequila shots at this game than most of you wiper-snappers have had time to consume yet in your young lives.

Well my day was going just fine and I was just about ready to close up shop here, when I get this e-mail from SatGuys that someone had beat my high score. Again, no big deal, as the score I left there intentionally left a fair amount of room for improvement - so as not to discourage competition you understand. Anyway, I mosey on over and proceed to start laying down a score that will make a certain "SoonerSteve" realize just who he is messing with:) .

As my first try approaches his score (with 3 or 4 lives left mind you), would you believe the game ends! It doesn't lock up or anything - just ends like I had run out of lives or something.

Well I don't get too riled and figuring it was a fluke, proceed to start another game. 2nd try, same thing. This time, as I approach his score, with 6 or 7 extra lives accumulated AND my timing going so smooth - bang! - It does it again. Game ends with some message about "only high scores get recorded" and asks me if I want to play again.

Needless to say, this has ruined an otherwise perfectly good day. Someone needs to look into this. I can't have my image tarnished and not even be allowed the chance to redeem myself. bandito.gif

Try clearing your cache and cookies and try it again. If it still locks up like that please let me know.

I cleared everything, even remove the game from my favorites. The game is definitely hacked or trashed. I've played it 7 or 8 times now and every time I get in the mid 20k range the game just ends even though I have plenty of lives left.

Hey, I admit it's an ego thing:) but then what's the point of an arcade if it isn't to try to better your performance whether it be against yourself or someone else.

I cleared everything, even remove the game from my favorites. The game is definitely hacked or trashed. I've played it 7 or 8 times now and every time I get in the mid 20k range the game just ends even though I have plenty of lives left.

Hey, I admit it's an ego thing:) but then what's the point of an arcade if it isn't to try to better your performance whether it be against yourself or someone else.

happen to me to but my score is better than yours. :neener

Still doing it.

Hey Jason, when you reinstall it make sure to delete "Cybok's & Steve's highscores.:D :D :D

Jason,
While you're at it, check one of the yahtzee games. Some hacker has a high score of over a million points. Somehow I don't think that's accurate. That's just too many lucky yahtzee rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)