Is the CE program here going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I will say is that if D* pulls the CE from this site, I WILL be calling Comcast or maybe even E*. I don't think it will happen though. Just another mind game the other site is playing, I think. It is all symantics.

All I will say is that if D* pulls the CE from this site, I WILL be calling Comcast or maybe even E*. I don't think it will happen though. Just another mind game the other site is playing, I think. It is all symantics.
I don't think its a mind game, they would have a lot to lose if they tried that. it'll be interesting to hear what Scott has to say. But regardless, have a great time with ComCrap.

You have got to be kidding me...

You would cancel your entire service and go with Comcast of all companies just because a beta program was available via one internet forum and not another? Reglardless of the fact that you would still have access to the software and necessary information? That is just ridiculous. Good luck with Comcast.

Here is the deal...

Any forum can take notes and tell people how to download a CE... but there's only one place now to report issues and discuss features that will be acknowledged by DirecTV. I could call all my friends and tell them to download a CE... They would be participating in the program, by downloading, but their input would not be recognized.

You have got to be kidding me...

You would cancel your entire service and go with Comcast of all companies just because a beta program was available via one internet forum and not another? Reglardless of the fact that you would still have access to the software and necessary information? That is just ridiculous. Good luck with Comcast.

The point is that it sounds like they are telling Scott and Jason one thing and the other site something else. I don't know if I want to do business with someone who works that way. They keep telling Scott that they want this site to become more involved with D*'s future plans and then go and do something like this. It kinda makes me feel as if my voice is not important. That is all I am saying.

Right... Because some guy (literally) posted this elsewhere, it's gospel.

Hold tight for a bit, guys.

Hold tight? The other guys have staff posting what they say is fact and we are being told to hold tight.

I think this much drama over something like a directv receiver beta program is bordering on the ridiculous

Ok first off..

Jason I am not seeing your signature.

Secondly we are still part of the DirecTV CE Program, I just talked with DirecTV and the CE release notes are not copyrighted nor can they be copyrighted. If we want the CE here we need to repost the release notes from DirecTV here to SatelliteGuys.

DirecTV is upset at us for mentioning MRV on our homepage. They asked us to remove it yesterday and I declined as DBSTalk also had it mentioned publiclly this morning I searched for DirecTV MRV and found the DBSTalk First look of the MRV which was in a public directory in their website and while looking at it I also the First Look of the DECA which also was not supposed to be public.

People got to understand that the DirecTV CE Program is run by Earl, and Earl was and will always be a DBSTalk guy. Most of the shots for the CE program were from Earl himself. I could post some stuff from Earl and others at DirecTV which would have you a little surprised on how the DirecTV CE program has been run.

So because of this we are making some changes to our CE Program here at SatelliteGuys, first off the program is now public. We made it private at the request of DirecTV who asked us to uphold a number of guildelines which we upheld to the letter. In exchange DirecTV was going to do a few things for us which they never did. Got to be honest here and say that we are going on 3 years of lies by DirecTV folks, and to me its kind of sad. But again the CE is run by Earl and others who are DBSTalk guys, so I am I not too surprised, but I am disapointed.

The DECA First look and MRV first look posted by DBSTalk was not supposed to be released today but was published because I pointed ut to DirecTV that they were on a public server and were indexed by at least one search engine. DirecTV was not ready to release that info yet, but I forced their hand. It was not me ho posted the information to the DBSTalk webserver, nor was it me who got it index byt he search engines.

DirecTV knows that anything posted by DBSTalk in regards to DirecTV and the CE program will be posted here. DirecTV also knows that anything that they post privately which we catch wind of here at SatelliteGuys is also fair game.

Personally I think DirecTV needs to take the CE program private, as you might know hey just opened up the "DirecTV Insiders" forum. This would be the best place for the program to be and thrive where it is finally under official DirecTV control, not this wink wink its not under DirecTV control wink wink program that they have now. It would eliminate a lot of the issues that have been going on.

I could post a lot more on this, and have lots of these things I say in writing. I was goig to post them, but for now I will let thing be as they are.

I will also say that I am not going to stay quiet about this, I am going to make some noise in DirecTV and also at Liberty Media, anywhere they are at I will be there working to make us equal.

I was hoping DirecTV was gong to be at CES but unfortunately they are not, I even thought they would at least be at the Tivo booth showing off the new DirecTV HD Tivo, but I am hearing that is not going to happen. In fact to be honest I am now hearing the DirecTV Tivo might not even be released in 2010, in fact I am hearing a rumor that we might never see it released. I sure don't hope this is true, I really like the fact that DirecTV was giving their customers a choice in the DVR software, so I truely hope we see the Tivo software relesed.

So with that, the CE program will continue here at SatelliteGuys, and we will remain a comfortable place to discuss, enjoy and help improve the DirecTV software for all.

And there you have it. :)

My apologies for the missing signature, I posted in PDA mode and forgot that the signature isn't on those posts.

It's on this one to eliminate the confusion ;)

Let me echo everything Scott said above. It is unfortunate the games other sites play, and the games DirecTV allows to be played in their own organization.

All we've ever asked for / tried to do is provide our members with the most accurate information and provide a forum for "frank" feedback, unline the "kool-aid" version you find elsewhere. DirecTV even told us they appreciate that feedback, that it is down right honest (note that wasn't from Earl).

Anyhow, despite whatever other sites claim, we'll be here as your cutting edge home, with the same mission we have always had, provide the best information possible for satellite guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts