Is the Dish 52.0 remote backlit?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I really love the 40.0 but it is not backlit, and the 52.0 looks as if it has a lot of the features the 40.0 has, but I only am willing to spend my money on it if it's backlit. (Be sure not to confuse the 52.0 remote with the 50.0 or the 54.0 remotes.)

I really love the 40.0 but it is not backlit, and the 52.0 looks as if it has a lot of the features the 40.0 has, but I only am willing to spend my money on it if it's backlit. (Be sure not to confuse the 52.0 remote with the 50.0 or the 54.0 remotes.)
The 50.0 and 54.0 remotes both have backlite.

Reactions: JSheridan
I think I'll stick with my 40.0 and use my 54.0 whenever I want to use voice search or have backlit keys then. I have a 50.0 remote which I don't really care for.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The 50 isn’t even available anymore, unless via 3rd party
I don't know about anybody else's account, but I saw it available for order on my MyDish account ($30). I am new to Dish since 2013, and that's how I learned of it. I just found a much cheaper one on eBay.

Heh, I thought they removed it.

The 40.0 is only available refurbished on mydish.com but is also there as well. I just happened to find a brand new 40.0 on eBay that was cheaper than the refurbished on mydish.com. They actually have lots of most of all the models of Hopper remotes on eBay at cheaper prices.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yeah I ordered the 50.0 on eBay because I thought it looked like a pretty cool remote but it sucks big time.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I tried the 50.0 out and immediately went to the 54.0 when it came out and love it. Just a little shake shake and the backlit comes on. Love it. But I still wish the 40.0 has backlit!