Is the Hopper the only option now

After reading all these posts along with posts in other threads has me rethinking switching from D (and my flaky HR-34 plus 3 other HR-24's) to E for a 2H/2J setup. Should I be worried/concerned?

To be honest, I absolutely loved my HR24 whole-home. The awesomeness was in the simplicity. I am not a good person to ask about the new Hopper system since, as it stands, it doesn't work. From the feedback by other subscribers, the hopper system is great, just so long as you have enough tuners to meet your needs.

I really like my HR-34 and 3 HR-24's but we simply don't need that many tuners and I'm getting tired of the 34 quirks and slowness. Maybe I should wait longer (have until August 10th - that's when Dish is scheduled to install) before giving up on the 34 but the Hopper seems really nice.

huskerhead said:
I really like my HR-34 and 3 HR-24's but we simply don't need that many tuners and I'm getting tired of the 34 quirks and slowness. Maybe I should wait longer (have until August 10th - that's when Dish is scheduled to install) before giving up on the 34 but the Hopper seems really nice.

I can understand the laggyness... the GUI with D is nice at the sacrifice of snap. That has always been one of my favorite things about E... their software is very polished with function in mind. Plus, Charlie is a personal hero of mine... I don't blame him one bit for giving the finger to IFC... That song might change when it's Walking Dead season though lol.

I stopped frequenting this site when I switched to DirecTV because their users aren't as passionate (in general) about the birds and technology. The CE program is awesome, but the average sub has no concern with what is behind the TV, and the D forum isn't nearly as active as here.. downright boring on most months.. so i fell off. I wish I checked back in here before making the jump back to Echostar just to make sure it was the right jump for my household.

With four TV's, get two Hoppers at install.

I can understand the laggyness... the GUI with D is nice at the sacrifice of snap. That has always been one of my favorite things about E... their software is very polished with function in mind. Plus, Charlie is a personal hero of mine... I don't blame him one bit for giving the finger to IFC... That song might change when it's Walking Dead season though lol.

I stopped frequenting this site when I switched to DirecTV because their users aren't as passionate (in general) about the birds and technology. The CE program is awesome, but the average sub has no concern with what is behind the TV, and the D forum isn't nearly as active as here.. downright boring on most months.. so i fell off. I wish I checked back in here before making the jump back to Echostar just to make sure it was the right jump for my household.

With four TV's, get two Hoppers at install.

Yep doing a 2H/2J setup. Like I said, I'm beginning to waver a bit (I too, am a Walking Dead fan). The CE last week seems to be the most stable one in months - the one the week before that was a disaster. Wife said "whatever" to switching which means "you'll pay for this!" so not sure what I'll do. And yes, the HD guide is nice on D but it appears E got rid of their cartoonish guide on the Hopper.

Wife said "whatever" to switching which means "you'll pay for this!" so not sure what I'll do.

We must be married to the same woman :D .. The last time I made a decision that she agreed with was the day I decided to wife her... ever since then, I've been on the Blunderbuss express.

The guide is pretty nice .. not as 'pretty' as D's, but I have nothing negative to say about it. There are a few annoyances here and there ... one was with switching between tuners. Unless there's a trick I haven't learned, you need to open PIP, then swap the tuners, then close PIP. With D, you just hit a button on the remote and Presto, second tuner.

We must be married to the same woman :D .. The last time I made a decision that she agreed with was the day I decided to wife her... ever since then, I've been on the Blunderbuss express.

The guide is pretty nice .. not as 'pretty' as D's, but I have nothing negative to say about it. There are a few annoyances here and there ... one was with switching between tuners. Unless there's a trick I haven't learned, you need to open PIP, then swap the tuners, then close PIP. With D, you just hit a button on the remote and Presto, second tuner.

Lower left corner of your remote is Swap.... ;)

picard1.jpg

You wold need to remove h/j form the place u want sd boxes. Or have them run new lines to the dish.

But in any case u can only add one 211 to a hopper account and then you must get second account at full price and new contract.

Happy Hopping!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts