Is the HR20-700s that bad??? Please answer!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

If you have an HR20-700s would you buy it again / you are happy with it.

• Yes

Votes: 66 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can someone who has or had both HR20 and HR10-250 tell me if the OTA tuner is better on the HR20? I have the HR10-250 now (still haven't received the latest update, so I don't know if my troubles are due to that or the tuner) and have many audio dropouts. Does the HR20 have the same problems or does it have great picture AND sound? Thanks for any replies.

Can someone who has or had both HR20 and HR10-250 tell me if the OTA tuner is better on the HR20? I have the HR10-250 now (still haven't received the latest update, so I don't know if my troubles are due to that or the tuner) and have many audio dropouts. Does the HR20 have the same problems or does it have great picture AND sound? Thanks for any replies.

I have 2 HR10-250s and just got the HR 20-700 ,I had lost 1 OTA channel on my both of my HR10-250 about 2 months ago and after hooking up the HR20 I now get the channel I lost on the HR 20 with no problem , I would say the OTA tunner in the HR 20 is better

I have 2 HR10-250s and just got the HR 20-700 ,I had lost 1 OTA channel on my both of my HR10-250 about 2 months ago and after hooking up the HR20 I now get the channel I lost on the HR 20 with no problem , I would say the OTA tunner in the HR 20 is better

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was hoping to hear. Now I just need to see how much I can get one for (I already have the 5-LNB dish).

If you buy one from CC or BB etc., do they still consider it a lease? Does it even matter? I've been reading the forums on this topic (lease) off and on and haven't decided if it's that big a deal or not (since I don't plan on cancelling my service (I've had D* for ~10 yrs)).

Its a lease if you get it from one of those places , I call and talk to customer retention and I dont know why but got the HR20 and the dish and install all free of charge. I have been with them for almost 9 years, I just call and ask what kind of deal they could give me , just to see what I could get . good luck.

YES the HR20-700's tuner is lightyears better than the HR10-250

got mine from vaule electronics and no mention of "lease" when I called to activate........find out on my next bill I guess, if so they owe me $299.99

got mine from vaule electronics and no mention of "lease" when I called to activate........find out on my next bill I guess, if so they owe me $299.99

They won't "owe" you anything, but you may be able to get them to credit you back some or all of the purchase price. Be nice and you will have better luck.

Why would they owe you $299 ?
Thats the price when you bought/ leased it, you still have to pay for it. (I don't agree with this either, but nothing you can do about it other than not lease/buy it)

Jimbo

I don't recall any "lease" being mentioned anywhere but we shall see.....like I said, if that's the case I will get credit or something for sure. They "forced" me to get this new box due to their stupid changes. This is my 4th HD receiver and 2nd HDDVR..........getting kidda costly.

Based on the results form the most recent firmware update to the HR20 on the DBSTalk site, it would appear that version 11B is very solid and will get nationally distributed in the near future. This should resolve the vast majority of any outstanding "issues" on the HR20.

I don't recall any "lease" being mentioned anywhere but we shall see.....like I said, if that's the case I will get credit or something for sure. They "forced" me to get this new box due to their stupid changes. This is my 4th HD receiver and 2nd HDDVR..........getting kidda costly.

IF you look back at post just prior to March 1st last year, you will find all kinds of threads about how ALL recievers from that day forward will be leased.
Also was mentioned in your Bill back then.
Unless of course you have not been with D* that long, then they should have explained that right up front when you signed up.

Jimbo

Based on the results form the most recent firmware update to the HR20 on the DBSTalk site, it would appear that version 11B is very solid and will get nationally distributed in the near future. This should resolve the vast majority of any outstanding "issues" on the HR20.

So far, I still have the 10b version and have had no problems recording/playing-back recorded shows

Only thing I had trouble with was recording something off of OTA which didnt play back.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I installed the HR20 on Friday night and it has worked perfeclty. I did do the "raven" update right after I installed it, so I dont know if that has helped at all. My only problem has been that when watching an OTA HD broadcast my reciver will not play the sound in digital through the optical out, so I had to hook up RCA cables for sound. The optical out works fine for D* programs though. I will have to wait unit my 5lnb dish is installed to see what it does on D* HD programs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts