Is the Pub being sponsored by Tesla now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I’m new to the Pub and don’t want to make waves, but my observation is that every board I am on, on any subject (and that is quite a number and pretty diverse, IMHO) there is a cadre of Tesla people in the OT or similar board section, posting about how its the greatest thing since sliced bread, the hottest stock since Coca-Cola, how everyone will have one in X years; and convinced that major scientific breakthroughs are just automatic if you just wish hard enough.

It is what it is. I’m old enough and read enough Popular Science and Popular Mechanics magazines to be pretty skeptical.

A century ago, when cars started quickly replacing horses, I am sure everyone was talking about Ford and the Model T. What Tesla is doing today in many respects is similar to what Ford did back then. It’s not about one man, one company or one particular model. It’s the fundamental paradigm change, affecting multiple industries (automotive, transportation, energy production and distribution), that people find so fascinating, and can’t stop talking about!

And I don’t think it’s about major scientific breakthroughs. That’s the whole idea. There don’t need to be! It’s already here, and better than ICE for most people. Even more cost effective over the years.

The only advances are lowering costs (routine) and even better batteries. But today’s batteries are more than good enough.

id'e test the roadster that the one that's supposed to be balls to the wall fun :rolleyes. god there's nothing worse than getting stuck behind a douchebag in a prius going slower than everyone on the damm freeway

Reactions: DWS44
I like to playfully jab at the Tesla crowd on here (and my boss at work who has one)...but I'll admit that new Tesla Roadster is a mean looking little toy I wouldn't mind playing with.

Reactions: krynn
What I don't understand is how so many people think that Tesla is the only electric. They are fine cars but there are other choices out there. I've been driving electric since 2014, and now we have two electrics and no gassers. Tesla makes some fine cars but with my Chevies I don't have to put up with Elon's mouth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)