Is the Super Bowl game on dish .. not locals

Don’t know what the big deal is about the Super Bowl. Everyone was complaining about not getting installed before Sunday.

I’m like hook up a fricken antenna

I've never lived in a place with antenna service. I was told where I'm at now had OTA service back in the day but once it went into disrepair and dish satellite available nobody wanted to spend money on upkeep.

To further this, the Super Bowl will be on Dish via your NBC local channel but will not be on a Dish satellite channel. As has been already posted, NBC will be streaming the game, for free, via NBCSports.com. You may also get it using the NBC app on Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast, or FireTV. The apps may not work because you don’t have locals, but they might if you try.
Got it -- thanks

Reactions: Bobby
I read today that if you have the NBC Sports app on any of your devices (Roku, etc) you will be able to stream the game from there. This would be different than the NBC app that you need credentials for.

Because for many years dish set up a superbowl channel
But they never used it. I was actually bored enough to check it out during the game in more than one of those years, and it was just a Dish logo slate with background music, just like the entire week before and week after the game.

I read today that if you have the NBC Sports app on any of your devices (Roku, etc) you will be able to stream the game from there. This would be different than the NBC app that you need credentials for.

Credentials will not be needed wherever you watch. When they say NBC.com won't need it that is the same as the NBC app unless of course they have glitch. In fact you can also watch "This is Us" after the game.

Reactions: charlesrshell
No credentials will not be needed wherever you watch. When they say NBC.com won't need it that is the same as the NBC app unless of course they have glitch. In fact you can also watch "This is Us" after the game.
I've set a manual timer from 10 PM to 1 AM CST in case the game runs over causing This Is Us to run over. Lord help me if we miss any of This Is Us. I would be in hot water.

Reactions: Tampa8
Don’t know what the big deal is about the Super Bowl. Everyone was complaining about not getting installed before Sunday.

I’m like hook up a fricken antenna

If you live in or near or any state close to Philadelphia than you would know what a big deal it is . Go Birds!!!

Reactions: HipKat
Everybody gets to see the Uber Bowl - except one small area in the panhandle of Texas and a small bit of Oklahoma nearby, this because the NBC affiliate in that neck of the woods couldn't come to retrans terms because dish wouldn't carry one of the station's subchannels. Hopefully those viewers got an antenna up in time.

Oh, BTW: GO EAGLES! Make Ferndale, WA HS proud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts