Is there a browse guide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpa4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
My parents had Direct installed today. They have been with Dish for over 5 years. Mom called tonight asking if I had any idea how to get the browse guide to come up. I said no (I also have Dish). She can get the complete guide to come up but not a browse type display. I hope browse is the right term. She wants to scroll through the guide while still watching a show full screen. On Dish you can see what is coming on next on your current channel or scroll up or down the channels in sort of a transparent display at the bottom of the screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

DirecTV doesn't call it a "browse" guide. They call it the mini-guide (and that's what DirecTV's version really is). Just tell her to press the blue button on her white DTV remote.

Told her to try the blue button. She says that it didn't do anything when she pressed it. She only has the basic system. Could it be that this function only works with the DVR receiver?

DirecTV doesn't call it a "browse" guide. They call it the mini-guide (and that's what DirecTV's version really is). Just tell her to press the blue button on her white DTV remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)