Is there a bug list?

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Is there a Hopper bug list?

Perhaps a list that gets confirmed or "me-too"-ed?

Perhaps a closed or locked sticky thread that gets updated by an admin, from an open one?

Thx!

Bugs?
bugs-what-bugs.jpg

Thanks Andrea, I would bet these are known:
  • Caller ID doesn't display in Netflix
  • Cursor Arrow *for* Caller ID does display in Netflix, and won't go away until you exit and restart netflix
  • A selected Personal Channel Guide fails to stay as default (I created a "MINE" list and set it as the guide I wanted displayed, yet multiple times a day it goes back to "My Channels" instead)
  • Joey - Live pause back to play, seems intermittently to jump forward by leaps and bounds rather than play from where it was paused

It's just the work around that popped up on the Dish main forum. Saw a few people post about it. Tryed it on mine, and it worked.

It worked for me also.
How can these idiots screw up so much stuff when they do updates?

You are a paying beta tester for proven incompetent Dish programmers. They likely do all their constant debugging by reading the problems they introduce on this forum.

There can not be a complete bug list for two reasons, there is nothing large enough to contain it, they are constantly introducing new bugs.
They are probably trying to follow Moor's law, where elements double every so many months.

I would say significantly less bugs now than this time last year. What would you say is the biggest bug that is affecting you(bug, not something by design)

My biggest gripe is that the last closed caption line stays on until there is the next dialog. Often when watching an interesting film or series, the dialog will switch to a foreign language which is then translated to English via the programs own CC operation but the lingering CC from the normal one is covering or partially covering the translated captions and remains that way until English is spoken again.
Other times it just lingers there for a very long time when there is no dialog going on.

It seems to me that there used to be a shorter timeout for it to clear the last line.

My biggest gripe (most annoying bug)-the power off discrete code hasn't worked properly for over two years (Scott knows about this). If you're not familiar, the Hopper supports power discrete codes, one for on and one for off. Send these codes from a universal remote and you can utilize macros (strings of commands) to great advantage. The power off code no longer tells the receiver to turn off (nothing is supposed to happen if it's already off) but instead acts as a power toggle turning the Hopper off, if it's on, but turning it on, if it's off. I've called Advanced Technical support four or five times on this over the last two years and they never fix it despite saying they will look into it. Anyone know if the Hopper w/Sling has this "bug"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts