Is there a list of all channels I'm missing without 72.5?

bgee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Albany NY
I've got dual Dish 500 antennas on 61.5 and 110/119. Is there a list of channels that I'm currently missing by not switching to EA?

TIA

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 72.7°W

start at 4000. The ones before that you get right now on 110/119. Its the HD that you're missing

Ok I think all the new channels are in that list and I displayed them below. However there are a few extras I think, since the original group of 9 was announced (incl BBCA etc.) I count 31.... I thought there have been 3 announcements 9 channels, 7 channels and 8 channels something like that. But make I am just wrong. Anyway here is the list.....

DIY HD
E! HD
STYLE HD
HISTI HD
SYFY HD
TCM HD
BBCA HD
TNT HD
ESPN HD
FSC HD
CBS C HD
HLMRK HD
NATGW HD
G4 HD
ID HD
GREEN HD
HLN HD
TRU HD
WGN HD
HDNET
HDTHR
UNVSN HD
FTRAW HD
HDNMV
CI HD
FSC HD
EPIX1 HD
EPIX2 HD
INDIE HD
RETRO HD
SHRTS HD

Thanks, but I"m getting most of those channels already (off 61.5?) - I think what I'm looking to know is which stations are ONLY on 72.5 and not on 61.5.

Ok I think all the new channels are in that list and I displayed them below. However there are a few extras I think, since the original group of 9 was announced (incl BBCA etc.) I count 31.... I thought there have been 3 announcements 9 channels, 7 channels and 8 channels something like that. But make I am just wrong. Anyway here is the list.....

DIY HD
E! HD
STYLE HD
HISTI HD
SYFY HD
TCM HD
BBCA HD
TNT HD
ESPN HD
FSC HD
CBS C HD
HLMRK HD
NATGW HD
G4 HD
ID HD
GREEN HD
HLN HD
TRU HD
WGN HD
HDNET
HDTHR
UNVSN HD
FTRAW HD
HDNMV
CI HD
FSC HD
EPIX1 HD
EPIX2 HD
INDIE HD
RETRO HD
SHRTS HD

Subtract the ones that you are getting from the above list and the ones left are what you are missing. You do know which ones you do get, don't you?

Confirmed HD channel additions to 72.7

I know a few people have been asking for a current list of new HD channels on 72.7 so I did some research on the net and here are all the channels. There have been 3 announcements so far this year. One for 9 channels, 8 channels and 5 channels.

So here is the modified list showing the channels added this year to 72.7:

Tru-TV
Fox Soccer Channel HD
Showtime West HD
Sportsman Channel HD
Hallmark HD
E! HD
BBC America HD
Indieplex HD
Retroplex HD
Headline News HD
G4 HD
Style HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
History International HD
ShortsHD
Turner Classic Movies HD
DIY HD
Investigation Discovery HD
Epix 1 HD
Epix 2 HD
Telefutura HD
Univision HD

According to traing e got in our shop this week, Dish is moving ALL core HD from 61.5 to 72.7 in the very near future. They are really pushing to get everyone onto Eastern Arc that should be on Eastern Arc.

Thanks 6B for the good info and thanks Jim - a CSR just told me the same. I bit the bullet, signed up for Service Plan for now and getting EA installed Sat.

Isn't DISH launching a replacement conus beam satellite in July for 61.5 anyway? What difference will it make to move the national hd then? Unless they are making room on 61.5 for internationals to eliminate the cumbersome dish 500 plus side sat install for those eastern arc subs who want internationals as well as their locals .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts