Is there a list of satellites that has a strong TP listed for each one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That would take all of the fun out of it. I like to walk outside, see where's the sun at, pick a bird, point the dish, and see how much correction I had to make.

And for long distant fun, use a satellite photo of a place I've never been and tell someone where to point the dish at based on a reference point from the satellite photo.

However... If you rather watch TV than have fun, you probably should invest in a motor ($100 +/-). Once you have it set up, you just move the motor to where you want it to go.

Last edited:
Motor and all...

I'm fine-tuning satellite locations. Several birds east of 95 deg W. L. are hard to spot and I'm trying to program the Diseqc 1.2 positions in for them.

The TP's in the receivers' default lists seem correct but they aren't always strong ones.

I may also have to slightly nudge the motor axis to improve the 61.0 and 61.5 slots but that's a low priority. I do get 61.5 with a Q of 15 on one TP so it isn't far off, perhaps 1 degree on the motor axis.

USALS is only exact if your true South setting is exact. Mine is probably within 1 degree but that's not close enough on a weak signal.

IA13, G10R, IA5, G3C are the satellites of greatest interest, and THEY are solidly in and programmed.

So is SatMex 5, but 12080 on it "ain't happening" in Seattle on a 36" dish!

Gunning for AMC 4 next...

Iceberg is correct.

Having a known strong TP on each satellite would help frustrated newbies find the correct (or desired) satellite(s) easier.

In my case a bent dish was causing a lot of grief at first. Known strong TP's help tell you where you are and help you get the kinks out of your system before tearing your hair out on a weak satellite or a motor setup. (I avoided that but I was suffering from "satellite confusion" for a while.)

Also the receiver manual for the Buzz S2010f is not so good. I thought "go to reference position" meant for the motor to go to 0 degrees (exact South.) No. It goes to the stored satellite position for that selected satellite. I found that out the hard way.

I now have AMC 4, it was quite easy with a known TP signal (3ABN.) No tweals except motor nudges from the receiver were required.

Sounds like SmityWhity is a SmartyArsey. :D

I've had that kind of "fun" a few times myself. I'm still trying to find Hispasat which I used to be able to get a few months ago...

PSB said:
Any new tree growth close by?
Oh yeah, there's a big tree on the other side of the neighbor's house but in that general direction. With the low elevation that's probably it. It was wintertime when I last saw Hispasat.

But it would still be nice to know what transponder I should look for to find it when the leaves fall off.

Telecaribe is on a strong TP. here in MN. Thats the problem signals differ around the country. I know I keep a list of the best TP. to use for each bird. Don't use it often as all the satellites I have ever need have been in my positive ID satellite meter.

DFreq. 11933

S/R. 2962

Pol. V

http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa1d.html

80% signal Quality here in a THUNDER storm!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)