Is there a method to their madness?

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I have been a sub with Dish for quite some time. Most of the products they offer are not universal or standard within their own service. In my unqualified opinion Dish could save a huge amount of money if they would just make a standard. One or two receivers. One or two parabolic antennas. Produce a universal or common mount for the dish and the different lnb's. They could produce one or two receivers capable of providing anything they have to offer. If the hard drive fails in a dvr it would default back to non dvr mode but still provide their service. I am a huge believer in the KISS principle. Keep it simple stupid.
Just my .02​

Last edited:
Agreed DISH is the most confusing satellite provider. Dish 300, dish 500, Super dish 105, Super dish 121, dish TURBO HD, dish1000, dish 1000.2, dish 1000.4, dish 500+ & dish 1000+. Did I miss any of the dishes? Never mind switches and receivers it is just very confusing.

Some of that is related to people having old equipment, and Dish not forcing them to upgrade.

But yeah, very confusing at times!

At the same time, I am amazed by how my two Dish receivers have lasted for years -- my 622 is now 5 years old, and my 722 is 3, and both take a beating, and keep on ticking. Sure, you could cook an egg on my 622, but it keeps running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)