Is there a way to choose which tuner to record on? 722

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
Is there a way, when setting up a a recording, to choose which tuner it will record on? I know I can go into menu and set it up as a preference, and then it will go to tuner 2, but sometimes I want it to record on tuner 1. I would like to be able to look at upcoming recordings, and choose right from there. Is this possible?
I work nights sometimes, and like to sling football to my phone. My wife has shows that she likes to record Sunday and Monday nights, so those are the times I would like it to record on tuner 1.

I have to do that from the second T.V. though if I want it on tuner 2? If I disable the record plus, it goes to T.V. 1 every time I set it up on that t.v.? No option to set it to T.V. 2 unless I am setting up the recording on the second T.V.?

Correct it has to be done from the second TV.

This is really a stupid design. Why couldn't they let you select from either TV on which tuner you want to record? Or at least, allow you to swap the tuners if the 2nd tuner isn't in use. OP scenario happens to me almost every day and there is nothing you can do about it.

did you try going to dish record plus and set your recording preference to #2 or to #1--then be sure and go back and change it later?

did you try going to dish record plus and set your recording preference to #2 or to #1--then be sure and go back and change it later?
Yes I can do it that way, but it is kind of a pain. Like I said, we have the sling adapter, and my son and I like to watch football with it. Those are the times when I would like it to use tuner 1 to record the shows. Other than that, we pretty much use the box primarily on T.V. 1, unless my son is home from college, then he uses the 2nd tuner. This is where it would be nice to have an option of which tuner to use when recording.

I would think that it shouldn't be that big of a deal to set it up that way, if anyone from Dish is listening.

Not sure if this would work with the SA. If you are recording on tuner 2, you could record the football on tuner 1 and then play it back viua the dvr. Just start a few seconds after it starts recording. I often do this when I'm recording off of my ota tuner and the wife wants to watch another program on one of Dish's tuners. I set up both to record, then play the Dish feed back via dvr.