Is there a way to make Satellite Meters work with Cband signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I mean those cheap signal meters that work great with KU, but on a 1.8 prime focus Cband they show strong signal all the time. Manually aiming a 1.8 dish is sometime very frustrating.

You can put a 5db attenuator between the LNB/LNBF and the meter, that should help.
Per instruction for the el cheapo meter I have.

These meter just piss me off. Can you take your STB and a small tv out to the dish? It will make your life great because you can be sure your peaking on the right transponders.

I agree with wallyhts. I have not had much luck with the cheap meters either. A small tv and receiver works much better. You can really dial in a TP and get the best quality and signal strength.

Mine stopped doing that when I switched to the battery pack to power the meter instead of using the receiver power.

Those real cheap meters are just a waste of money and time.

You should really look into the SatHero SH-200 meter. It's got to be the easiest to use whilst simultaneously being the most functional satellite meter out there.

Xizer said:
You should really look into the SatHero SH-200 meter. It's got to be the easiest to use whilst simultaneously being the most functional satellite meter out there.

I just ordered a sample of the cheaper SH-100 can't wait to do a review. Hope its like the SH-200.

I just ordered a sample of the cheaper SH-100 can't wait to do a review. Hope its like the SH-200.

I know I am curious about this. I really like my 200, I have about wore it out though. Doubt I will replace it with a 100 though.

I agree Radar some people just don't realize what they have....mind you some receivers, their quality meter is almost useless....But hey so what if you look weird to the neighbors, you already look weird anyway with that big ole dish out there....take a TV and receiver out to the dish you will be glad you did.

......then once you realize you are hooked on this hobby, buy you a descent meter, and save a lot of time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)