Is there a way to turn off TVMail?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GailLA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Northern CA
I have an HR24 and an H23. I've searched, so if this has been asked and answered, apologies in advance.

I've looked through the menus and can't find anything. I find the messages useless and annoying, like ads. I hate it when that big yellow "new mail" flag appears because it means I'll sooner or later need to take the time delete multiple messages, one by one, to make it go away. I know that some may find them helpful, but for those that don't, I wish there were a way to turn them off. Is there?

Actually the same thing goes for the big, colored ads in the guide. I just want my plain old listings. But those don't bother me as much as the TVMail. To each their own and for those who find these things useful features, more power to you. I just want the choice.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, no way to disable it. Funny enough, it wasn't that long ago some were complaining that it was never used. I think Directv saw those posts and took them to heart. Now it seems as if they use it WAY too much!

Thanks, raoul5788. Yes, they use it way too much in my opinion as long as there is no option to disable it.

Having come from Dish I will always appreciate TVMail even though we find out most of it on here long before. The last few years with Dish I really only remember being told by them about a month later that new channels had arrived. Anyone remember Laurie Farkas daily Dish news back in the day?

And on a day back in 2010 when Dish introduces about 10 new HD channels, not a peep out of them since a lot of long-time customers couldn't even see them. Gotta be weird when even good news makes lots of people upset.

I miss her too! About the mail, I never look at it, I don't even notice the envelope anymore. Anything that I need to know will turn up here. I don't read the junk mail in my real mailbox either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)