Is there a way to weed out re-reruns?

Perhaps a software bug. I record Rachel Maddow Show every night for the wifey. Occasionally, Hopper 3 records 2 of the same show. (Not the rerun starting later.) Last night I checked. 2 shows from Monday night starting at 9 pm. One has an episode number, the other says Rachel Maddox Show. I delete on of them, and the wife watches the other one and deletes it.
DVR Settings show 'new only'.
Perhaps, I did look at both sets of episodes from what I could tell both were labeled correctly.

My other "small issue" is some shows don't get discarded, I will set the timer as new only and keep 1 episode this morning I see that I have 5 and 6 episodes saved. Perhaps another software bug?

Garbage in garbage out. I’ve seen this numerous times over the last year or so. When checking the guide data it will show as “new” even if it ran the day before as “new”. The guide data being provided is definitely not the best for sure.
Yup, that's the key. The timers are only as good as the guide data. Some new shows I have scheduled won't even record unless I manually restore them and others will record [without my intervention] the same episode 3 times.

idk.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts