Is there an HD-Only Guide Filter on Hopper 3??

jon1818

Original poster
Aug 20, 2016
Fort Collins, CO
On my new Hopper 3 I can't find anyplace to set the guide to show me my subscribed HD channels only. Right now it shows my subscribed HD and SD channels. I want to filter out the SD channels and see ONLY the HD channels. I have seen posts on other threads saying that this filter exists somewhere, but I can't find it. Anybody know where it is??

Hit Settings then GUIDE and then under ADVANCED settings Hide Duplicate SD channels ON and the duplicate sd channels are hidden. To set up a list with only HD channels requires you to make a new guide under :guide options , favorite channels , then select which list you want to create and then name it what you will.

When I set up a User Guide showing only the HD (and a few select SD + Music channels), it took relatively little time. You can call it "My HD" or something.

Reactions: stardust3
To me this is a major oversight on Dish's part. Sure I can go through and make an HD only list. But when Dish adds new HD channels or more importantly when HD channels are put into Free View, they don't show up. So if I don't know about the free view, I don't see them. Every HD receiver that I remember had this simple HD Only List. Has Dish ever given a reason why it was left off?

To me this is a major oversight on Dish's part. Sure I can go through and make an HD only list. But when Dish adds new HD channels or more importantly when HD channels are put into Free View, they don't show up. So if I don't know about the free view, I don't see them. Every HD receiver that I remember had this simple HD Only List. Has Dish ever given a reason why it was left off?
I've been using a favorites list as long as I can remember. An HD only filter does exist for some receivers but that isn't sufficient to get rid of stuff I'm not interested in.

As far as free previews goes, putting these channels into the favorites list the first time they become available means they'll show back up when a free preview for that channel is active, then they will disappear.

Usually when something is removed that has either been around for awhile, or that we just remember seeing, it is almost always because of low usuage. Get rid of things that don't really have a large enough base, and make room for newer things in the future. Was the same with the 4x speed.

Dish knows more than you would ever think. But also user feedback is another tool. Target markets and the such is another. There are various tools to get a good idea of what is of use and what is nice. Just like anything else, it is not 100% but damned close.