is there an outdoor antenna that gets stations from more than 100 miles away?

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
is there? if so which one is it? i said in another thread that i was able to get channels from tijuana, mexico with an indoor antenna! i moved and i dont get those channels anymore.. i really want to try an outdoor antenna that gets tv stations from like 120 miles away! could that be possible? im a noob so i dont know! go ahead and laugh @ me.. lol

Any good antenna will get stations over 100 miles if you can get it high enough. Normal reception is 70 miles over level terrain. The problem is the antenna cannot normally see the signal from 100 miles unless abnormal atmospheric conditions cause the signal to bounce around and you get it for a while. I have received signals from as far as 300 miles because of atmospheric conditions, but it doesn't last long. Hope this info is helpful.

is there? if so which one is it? i said in another thread that i was able to get channels from tijuana, mexico with an indoor antenna! i moved and i dont get those channels anymore.. i really want to try an outdoor antenna that gets tv stations from like 120 miles away! could that be possible? im a noob so i dont know! go ahead and laugh @ me.. lol

If you are just wanting to "play around" or DX, then you could try these. I would recommend getting only what is needed for your area, and not too much more.

Winegard HD 8200P

Winegard PR 7052

Channel Master CM 3671

Could try the local RatShack model if you don't want to mail order the above: (be sure to check their return policy).

Model: VU-190 XR | Catalog #: 15-2156

You could also go the the library or search the net and build your own!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts