Is there any way I can get the O's game in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
I live in the Dc area - I get home today ready to look at some HD Baseball, I see in the guide that the O's are on ESPN2HD so I set the Autotune - just to find out that I cant see the game on ESPN2 HD because the sorry ass MSAN chan 626 has the game in my area on SD ( sorry Def.) Is there any way, trick ,or beg to get D to send me the Signal to the ESPNHD?

T

The thing that bugs me is Comcast Sports Net carried the O's games last season - on 629 which has an HD feed - but ol' peter Ahole the owner of the O's got all upset with the MSN feed for the Nationals, so now the Nat's and O's are sharing the MsN Channel 626 with no HD. It just dosnt make sense. Isnt this putting the consumer out in the Cold? We spend spend spend and get zippy?

Well like I always say, call you local team owner & RSN owner and tell them to get their act together and work with the DBS companies and stop favoring cable ans to stop backing limited, closed market areas; open it all up - they need to stop worrying about their petty issues. IMHO

The thing that bugs me is Comcast Sports Net carried the O's games last season - on 629 which has an HD feed - but ol' peter Ahole the owner of the O's got all upset with the MSN feed for the Nationals, so now the Nat's and O's are sharing the MsN Channel 626 with no HD. It just dosnt make sense. Isnt this putting the consumer out in the Cold? We spend spend spend and get zippy?
Actually, I think that DirecTV has allocated channle 671 for MASN2 when games conflict.

There may have been a bandwidth allocation problem. MASN told me they won't allow a private cable system to carry them unless it has the capacity to carry both MASN and MASN2 at the same time, which DirecTV now does. But DirecTV still has to carry Comcast Sports's summer poker/bass fishing lure commercial channel, and make RSN payments to two sports networks without appreciably increasing its appeal to its Total Choise customers and without having any way to pass those costs off onto just the RSN watchers, since the RSNs demand that they be in the basic tier. Next year, when bandwidth is less scarce, I expect all three of those RSNs to be on DirecTV in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)